Listowel Arms Hotel
Marine Links Hotel(Ballybunion)
Cliff House Hotel(Ballybunion)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsrace coursewedding receptionold world charmcharming hotelseafood chowderdrinks receptionwedding venuefunction roomwriters weekold stylepublic areasfrom start to finishwedding guestshakecounty kerrynight portervintage theme
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We recently held a surprise birthday party in the Listowel Arms and once again Patrice and the team pulled out all stops to ensure that we had a most amazing night. Many of us stayed over and were once again blown away by the comfort of the rooms, the hospitality of all the staff and the small details that made our night amazing. The food was second to non both at the party along with the breakfast the following morning. Everyone has been raving about it since. This hidden gem in the corner of the square in Listowel town is one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in and should not be overlooked when looking for somewhere to stay or host an event in the local area. Thanks again for an amazing time...looking for another excuse already.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We ate here for a family wedding a few years ago and the food on the day was absolutely gorgeous, we had another family dainner here a few weeks ago and the meal was really good. I would reccommend here for a wedding or any occasion.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on business last week and what a lovely experience. The staff are so friendly and helpful from reception to bar to dining room. The food was just brilliant and everywhere was so clean .l loved the old world and my room overlooked river and waterfall. Would recommend stay here .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had our Wedding in Listowel Arms Hotel on 31st of December 2012. What can I say except out of this world! From the moment we met Patrice and her staff who were dealing with all our Wedding Plans, to the morning after our Wedding, everything was dealt with in such a professional, gracious and accommodating manner. Blazing fires, beautiful Christmas trees, very tasteful flower arrangements, china delf, the smell of mulled wine, canapes and pastries to die for, not to mention the highlight of everyone's day..... the 5 course meal.... that any 5 star premises in Ireland would find hard to beat. The rooms were a touch of class, all individually decorated in a Country House, old world style. Every guest spoke about how helpful and friendly all staff memebers were and I honestly feel we were the luckiest couple to have chosen this amazing venue for our Wedding Day.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2013

At least one of the other reviews was unimpressed with the food but I must say I had a very pleasant dining experience in the hotel and I wouldn't be the easiest to impress food-wise.

I was there recently for a dinner after a funeral. In times only-recently-past in Ireland a meal such as this was guaranteed to be pretty-low-quality carvery-style food. But at least some places are really making an effort now and this place is one of them. The vegetable soup starter was entirely-competent. Likewise the chicken-and-mushroom vol-au-vent tasted fine and was very-nicely presented in square rather than a round pastry case (that which is different is novel). Where the food became more-than-simply-competent was the main course. I had the roast beef and it was beautiful cooked (rather than roasted-into-oblivion as is so-often the case). The gravy was lovely with a fruitiness that I couldn't identify. The roasted-veg were lovely (sweetened with honey unless I'm greatly mistaken). The dessert was also lovely. Everybody was given the same selection of mini-desserts. The ice-cream was obviously from a tub (rather than home-made) but it was high-quality and I've no complaint with that. The trifle was so beautifully-presented I didn't realise that it was trifle until I ate my first bite. I wouldn't ordinarily like trifle but I liked this one it was so beautifully-executed. They had stewed apple, sweetened with cinnamon and topped with crumble in a glass dish as the final mini-dessert. A simple-enough dish I suppose but it would be easy to get wrong and they'd gotten it very-right.

The staff were also unfailingly pleasant I must say. Anytime I asked for anything they were very pleasant about it. Since a dinner of this nature can easily include service-with-a-snarl at no-extra-cost it was not lost upon me that they were as accommodating and polite as they were.

We were in the dining room with the view over the river and the racecourse which certainly didn't hurt the experience at all.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family