“Best gastropub”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Best gastropub”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

You won't be disappointed with food here, fresh locally sourced food, have dined at this restaurant a number of times. The food on offer is fantastic, always. I've been meaning to write a review for some time. I have never been disappointed by the food served here. There's an evening menu and an early bird menu ( brilliant value for the standard). Food ranges from the lovely local steak sandwich, with mushrooms and onions, how they can make this taste so good I'll never know, great pastas, stews, goats cheese tartlets and much much more. Fresh food, homemade desserts, they always over exceed your expectations at Allos and Helen Mullane and her staff are wonderful. The decor is lovely, cosy and ever so slightly quirky, all in all a great dining experience anytime, I would highly recommend it.

ireland
“Quaint vintage feel”
Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

Went during writers week very busy but worth the wait. Chicken stuffed with sundried tomatoes Devine and plenty of homemade brown bread. Duck was a bit tough and thought there could have been more veg and potatoes given we were a party of 3. Baked cheesecake as good as NYC. Service quick and worth a try

London, United Kingdom
“Great restaurants in Kerry? - This is the Best”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

First impressions count, and my associate and I were given the best of Kerry welcomes by the Manageress (Helen I think) and sat in a snug by the window. We had a drink from the bar and a friendly waitress let us know what the specials of the day were. I enjoyed fish cakes with lime and chili sauce for starter followed by monkfish stuffed with Atlantic prawns. My companion had a seafood chowder followed by a fillet steak which came from a farm in the Listowel vicinity. We both agreed the food and service was excellent. The restaurant has old world feel with a warm ambience. On my next trip to North Kerry I will surely call in again.

• Visited May 2012
Limerick
“Everyday lunch to Evening Dinner”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Allo's restaurant, has a vast menu, for both lunch and dinner. I'm always pleased with the service, and presentation of the food. Once ever I complained about a starter, and in turn I was not charged for it. The Portions are always a good size, the salads are fresh, and the food is alway pipping hot.

• Visited May 2012
Listowel, Ireland
“Family friendly lunch”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Had a really nice lunch here in April. Brought the kids who were really well looked after - home made sausages went down a treat. The food is tasty and the surrounds nice. A little pricier than other places in town but worth it.

• Visited April 2012