“Stag Mayhem! thanks so much.”
Review of Arrowrock Lodge

Arrowrock Lodge
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This place is great! I was brought here on my stag party. What a weekend, staff were tops, food was lovely (very hangover friendly) and there was an disused pub next door we had full access to (which we made full use of. )
Thank you so so much for one of the most memorable weekends of my life, we were a mess of a stag party and you all treated us like kings, fair play for to you all!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Arrowrock Lodge

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We have been to Ireland a few times now and just can’t get enough of this beautiful country and countryside views. We make it a point to stay at the “Arrowrock Lodge” hostel every time we come out. The views from the Lodge of “Lough (Lake) Arrow” are simply amazing, and it’s just a short walk down a very picturesque country road to an old church ruin. Craig and Mary were a delight and we have had some great laughs. They are also full of knowledge of the local area and as a result visited some great sights that were off the beaten path. The hostel has the comforts of a hotel, but for a price of a hostel. Some of the original parts of the hostel were originally built in the 1700's. The kitchen is fantastic, and Robyn and I enjoyed making grand meals with the impressive stove. We will definitely be staying there again on our next adventure to the emerald Isl.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2013

we stayed here to attend a wedding in September and for the price the room was ok. The shower was very small however there was plenty of room in the bathroom for both me and my other half to get ready in the morning.

I agree with the previous poster that the communal areas are a little tired and it was a nightmare to try and find after a long journey.

On the whole I would probably not stay here again, but that might be because I am not cut out for Hostel stays

Room Tip: beautiful views from the lawn
Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The welcome of the owner, Craig, was really warm and friendly. The room was good and we had a great view of the lake from room 1. The place is very large and we found the communal areas to be a bit run down, and with so few people about when we were (early-mid Sept) it was slightly eerie. For 80 euro for 2 nights though you can't complain and it's a decent stay for the money- would probably look a bit wider if I was staying in the area again, but wouldn't have a problem with staying here again in future.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I found my stay in this hostel to be very relaxing with great facilities for fishing.
This being my second year in Arrowrock hostel I was extremely impressed with the fly fishing.
I would recommend this hostel for all fly fishermen.
My regards Frank

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is my second time here. It was very good last time, but now it's better. Clean, well maintained, beautiful views, very friendly and helpful staff - the owners are really incredible, and a great location. It ranks as one of my favourite hostels of all times. You can stay here for 3 or 4 days like head-quarter and visit the area by car. In less than 30 minutes you can visit lakes, incredible tombs, forests, waterfalls and much more. I specially love ride my bike and visit places that in guides or maps you cannot find.

Room Tip: 1(double en-suit),2 and 3(singles),4(share) they all have beautiful views of Arrow lake.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here after a wedding at the Cromleach Lodge. Don't be put off by the hostel name as the views from the room that we stayed in was fantastic, no exaggeration - see photo. Room was tidy and clean with en suite and powerful shower.

Owners were very friendly and chatty, happy to help out and offer handy lift back to Cromleach to pick up car! Thanks!

Room Tip: Room 1 has a great view!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Arrowrock Lodge? Share your experiences!