The site we were on was great in size fitted a motorhome no worries.
However that's all that was good. THERE is NO control over children on scooters and push bikes at anytime night or day by parents or management. Some one is going to get seriously hurt. There is no duty of care. Even in the pool area late into the night.
Sure they have entertainment for the children, but at what price safety.
The ablution blocks are among the dirtiest we have encountered in our 17 months on the road.
It has been the most expensive park we have stayed at, at $59:00 per night.
We definitely will not be back, and I shall spread the word. Maybe then management will get the message when sufficient tourists stay away.
There are plenty of nice caravan/tourist parks to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in beautiful Airlie Beach (gateway to the Whitsundays), BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort is recognized as one of Australia's leading resort style holiday parks being a Whitsunday Tourism Award Winner for 16 consecutive years and Queensland state winner for 2011 & 2008, finalist for 6. We've built our reputation on providing an exceptional standard of facilities in a fun, friendly, relaxed environment. With 10 different styles of accommodation from camping to luxury condos, a huge lagoon-style pool (heated in winter months), kids club and numerous activities, you won’t want to leave! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big4 Adventure Whitsunday Hotel
- Hotel Big4 Adventure Whitsunday