“Great Place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bush Village Budget Cabins
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We booked in the day before and got a great price. When I got there I was surprised at how new and beautiful the inside of the cabin was. Great bathroom and all new.The laundry facilities are excellent and very reasonable. Loved the atmosphere of the place. trips pick up from here as well. Cannot recommend this place highly enough. I will go back on my next trip to Airlie Beach.

Room Tip: Renovated cabins are fantastic!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
owners-BushVillage, Owner at Bush Village Budget Cabins, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank You. We have much to do to finish updating. But most of all it is such a pleasure meeting so many nice people. Hope you enjoyed your Airlie Beach visit and everything this beautiful area has to offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

This place is seriously good. Set amongst a large plot of land in the most peaceful, tropical surroundings where exotic trees scale the skies. It has a decent size pool, hammocks, a nice communal lounge area with a massive flat screen TV and your own cabin to nestle down in at night or after a long boat trip. The location is brilliant, a short walk out of town, just the right distance from the noise and partying (so you can dip in and out of it at your will!) but right next door to the main supermarket. Not forgetting, one of the best things about this place, the new owners Judy & Brian, they are super laid back and will do absolutely anything they can to help you. Genuinely nice people, not money grabbing in the slightest!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
owners-BushVillage, Owner at Bush Village Budget Cabins, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank You, Hope you are finding heaps of exciting things to do in Sydney. Don't forget to email me. Anyone travelling and feeling a bit homesick or just want to come and chillout are welcome.
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights with our 2 girls in a 2 bedroom and loved it. The cabin was clean, although a bit chilly but it is winter. The kitchen had a 2 burner cooker and small fridge and a dining room table. The laundry room was done and very nice.

Once the new owners are finished renovating, I am sure it will be perfect.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
owners-BushVillage, Owner at Bush Village Budget Cabins, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you, It was unusualy cold. I trust you and your girls had some wonderful adventures on your holiday. We will continue to improve our facilities and that includes stocking up on blankets for the next cold spell.
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Thank you judy, you did the possible to have a confortable stay in Airlie Beach! The new owners are doing the best to ameliorate the service and they always kind even if I was travelling with some difficult guests...The bungalows have their own kitchen and bathroom, a nice garden and a pool. What I liked is the quiet ambiance, difficult to find in a. beach. However I hope they will have again the free shuttle to the city centre soon!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
owners-BushVillage, Owner at Bush Village Budget Cabins, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you. It is wonderful to have so many nice people stay at the Bush Village and the difficult ones just make our days a little bit more interesting. As to the shuttle bus, my partner keeps telling me Rome wasn't built in a day but we will get there.
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

My partner, our little 15 month old son and I travelled to Airlie Beach in August 2012 to see the Whitsundays and we were really satisfied with the Bush Village Budget Cabins. If you are looking for a clean and quiet accomodation and if you have to watch your budget then this is the place to stay. While the young crowd seems to go to Airlie Beach to party - this is certainly not a party place and we really liked it this way. The place is nicely set up away from the main road with beautiful plants all over the property. There is also a general socialising area next to the office which you can use.

The owners are very nice, always around and up for a chat and give you any useful advice you might be after. They are honest and give you the right information about things to do. You can also book your tours to the island straight from their office.

We really enjoyed staying there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
owners-BushVillage, Owner at Bush Village Budget Cabins, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Also thank you for staying at our little haven. We are a little bit hidden but that is the beauty of the Bush Village. Upgrading will take a little time but we aim to stay budget. It was also wonderful watching your little man, with that big toothy grin and so full of adventure.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

First let me explain that I am no 'back-packer'. My husband and I are currently on our honeymoon, and he loves back-packing whereas I love having comfort and convenience over anything else. So I'm usually not too pleased with any 'hostel' we stay at, because I prefer hotels.

That being said, Bush Village was a welcome break from our shared rooms and noisy hostels. Each cabin is self-contained, meaning you can have your own room AND your own kitchen, toilet, shower, etc. You're not sharing it with upwards of 30 people at a time. Yes, it was quiet. Is that a bad thing? If you want to party and get hammered, then go to a youth hostel or somewhere that HAS that reputation. I don't get how that's something people complain about. What's to stop you from getting tipsy in town, then coming back to your nice quiet room? Would you rather get 3 hours sleep and wake up feeling like a bag of mushed butts, or wake up refreshed and ready to go another round the next night?

Yes, the rooms are a bit outdated, but even I didn't mind. You're not living there for God's sake. Everything works the way it should, but no, for $30 a night, you will not be staying at the Shangri-La. Have reasonable expectations.

Lastly, the new owners there were incredibly friendly, and overly-generous. I busted my ankle in Airlie after a few too many beers, and wound up having crutches for a portion of my stay. The owners not only drove us into town on their own time, but when we left, I couldn't return my crutches to get my deposit back because the Pharmacy wasn't open yet...so they owners took them back FOR me and had my deposit refunded on my credit card. When I was icing my ankle, one of the owners even came and fluffed me up a pillow and had my prop my leg up on it while I relaxed. Seriously the nicest people I've met on this trip.

So if you want a chill place to relax in between your partying, stay here! If you want a luxurious palace with modern amenities, a fully-stocked bar and a 'happening' atmosphere, then maybe you should pay the extra money and go stay in an actual hotel. Like I said, be reasonable with your expectations for the money you're spending, and you won't be disappointed.

Thanks so much to the owners, and good luck to you both! :) Thanks for the bonfire and introducing us to your friends...heh.

Room Tip: Some rooms have TVs and some don't, if it matters to you be sure to ask.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you. I hope your ankle healed ok. Our aim is to stay affordable, friendly and hopefully give the right advise as we are learning much about what this beautiful part of Queensland has to offer.
It is a wonderful experience meeting many new people from all over the world including yourselves.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed at this backpackers on two different occasions and had pretty much the same experience both times. The resort was very, very basic and very outdated, especially considering it was expensive.

It was extremely quiet, with little or no atmosphere going for it. I wouldn't really recommend it as a place to stay for more than one night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
owners-BushVillage, Owner at Bush Village Budget Cabins, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Bryan and myself, Judy have recently purchased the premises at the end of June 2012. We will endeavour to upgrade the premises over the coming months but will maintain it as clean budget accommadation. We have just started renovating a new laundry with new machines. The shuttle bus and breakfast which was previously advertised have not been available for some time. We have plans to purchase a shuttle bus again in the future. As the Bush Village is set in a quiet peaceful area it can be a little quite for younger travellers but for those wishing to experience what the area has to offer, or just chill out while recovering from partying or travelling, it is in an excellent setting.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cannonvale
Colonial Palms Motor Inn
Island Gateway Holiday Park
Island Gateway Holiday Park
#2 of 2 in Jubilee Pocket
BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort

Been to Bush Village Budget Cabins? Share your experiences!