“A highlight of our journey”

Moorabool Valley Chocolate By Design
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Batesford
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Called in for morning tea of fresh scones, jam & cream plus coffee. Everything was delicious and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit. There was a large "girls day out" group next to us so service was a little slow but we were both given a yummy chocolate as a thank you for waiting. Interesting surroundings with the horses. Would love to go again. I'd rate it 4 1/2.

1  Thank Edlyn710

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am a local from Geelong and I took my friend from the uk to visit . It was very disappointing to have to wait for 1/2 hour for our food. Our hot chocolate was the best we had ever tasted , but the brownie was ok.

It would be nice to see the staff able to give more smiles and more enthusiasm here as I think it is a wonderful concept for MY side of town to have something so unique.

I appreciate that it was busy when we went but undo believe when younare running a cafe that it needs to be more structured and not to leave patrons eating for the length of time that we did.

Regards Nina

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Visited for morning coffee and lunch on the 18th April ,2012.

I have been here before ,with different guests,they have all loved the place.

The food is simple light country meals,$10.00 was the most for a meal. We had the homemade pie and pasties,that had a salad an fruit chutney served with it. It was delicious and great value.the coffee and tea we had was also at a high quality.the service was excellent.

The view is great too overlooking the gardens and horse's.they have outdoor seating as well. There is also a fantastic lookout at the end of the car park,go there and you will see the view of the Moorabool valley,its stunning.

Homemade chocolate are handmade by the owner lyn and her staff.they are amazing!!!! Order them with your coffee or takes some home.they do pack the choc's in a lovely clear gift box.

I would highly recommend the cafe to everyone. Its would be best to make a booking as it is a popular place to visit.Check out there website for menu.

Cheers

Elisa. BPH.

1  Thank Elisa S
Reviewed April 15, 2012

What more can you want? Good service? Well you get it!
Take the time to walk up to the viewing spot.

1  Thank happychomper
See more reviews
Reviewed April 29, 2011

The website directions were spot on for an out-of-towner to follow. Yes, it was a Saturday afternoon of the school holidays so we did have some expectation of not being the only patrons. However it was surprising how many groups were in the modest cafe area and the counter display did indicate there had been a run on the favourites.

Still my group of three placed a simple order of beverage and choccie treat and sat down to wait. Well, wait we did and in the process we noticed we weren't the only ones having to go and ask after 30minutes about our order. Unfortunately it was no better in placing the take away choccie order.

Having already waited 45min to get our chocolate and beverage, one of our group braved placing a take away order. After standing at the counter for another 40 minutes, during which time staff served people at random and refused to acknowledged my friend's presence, a small box of chocolates was obtained. The others in the group decided against ordering take away items. Total visit 1hr 45mins and only 3 modest chocolates consumed. I can see why the website suggests booking if you want to 'eat in'.

So if you are patient and don't have to be anywhere in a hurry you wont be disappointed by the chocolates. Don't bother if you have a horse allergy (it is situated on a horse agistment place) or want avoid being ignored by petulant teenage staff. I presume that's how they can afford to agist their ponies.

Otherwise order from their website!