The fact that this was our third visit in four years is testament alone to how we feel about this place. The moment you leave you will want to be planning your return visit.
It’s fitting that autocorrect tries to change Huvafen to Heaven! This is the word most often used when family and friends see our pictures. We will never get bored of the view from the float plane as we approach the tiny strip of sand set in the azure and turquoise coloured lagoon.
The relaxation starts as soon as we get our toes in the powdery sand of Stingray beach. As always we were met there by senior management and given a refreshing welcome drink and cold towel.
We tried a different type of villa this stay, opting for the Beach Villa, after staying in both types of overwater villas during the previous trips. We both liked the change, spending more time on the beach than we had in the past.
We always find the in-villa dining to be excellent, along with the consistently good Salt and Raw restaurants. The cocktail selection at both UmBar and the Sunset Deck at Raw has expanded since our last visit, and we enjoyed different selections each night.
Our Thakuru, Makif, was always cheerful, helpful and went out of his way to create a memorable stay. One evening he surprised us with private drinks at sunset on the Salt beach surrounded by candles.
A couple of new experiences on this trip were Adopt-a-Coral and SpaQuarium. Both were great fun and we would highly recommend them. We will certainly be doing them again.
We did our usual daily hour long jet ski, this time taking in all the sandbanks within a 20km radius and spending about 8 hours out on the water in total. We spend a lot of time with the Float team on each visit and always have a wonderful experience, Ageel and the whole team is professional, helpful and welcoming to special requests.
We would also like to thank Jay for making our last day very relaxing with a late departure straight from the villa to the boat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Float at infinity's edge. Descend stairs for underground wine. Come out of your shell in the depths of an underwater spa room - the first and only in the world - where colour fish glide past the floor-to-ceiling-windows that reveal the beauty of the reef. Huvafen Fushi, a multi-award winning island resort located only 35 minutes by speedboat from Male, offers 44 naturally modern bungalows and the luxury of 'suites at sea,' traditional Maldivian sailboats fitted out with modern indulgences and the chance to escape and relax in a secluded island paradise in the middle of the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, getaroom.com, Jetsetter, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Huvafen Fushi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Huvafen Fushi Hotel Huvafen Fushi Island
- Huvafen Fushi Male
- Huvafen Fushi Hotel Male
- Huvafen Fushi Huvafen Fushi Island, Maldives