We went to Huvafen for the first part of our honeymoon and were overall very satisfied with the place. As it is close to Male airport we took a boat there in about 45 minutes. We had a water villa with plunge pool ( i believe they all do) and we literally felt like we were the only people on the island. Unlike some other Maldivian resorts where you see the room next to you here we didnt as they had managed to cleverly block the sides. THis could also be due to our position on the curve of rooms we were in the middle. The room itself was clean and large and we loved the boardwalk to our room over the lagoon. THere were always schools of fish, large fish and sharks. It was particulary great to see a pack of sharks and large predatory fish hunting the small schools in the shallow lagoon. The island is not for children and is a great place for couples who want lots of private time together. We had a great butler who helped us arrange dinner bookings,
We absolutely loved the guys at the dive school who got us most of the way through our open water course but we were thrwarted by the portugese man of war jelly fish - these nasty creatures littered the beach each morning and made swiiming impossible, after several of the dive masters and people got stung they closed the beaches and ceased any diving activities. We were there in mid july. For the second part of our honeymoon we flew up to the four seasons Landaa Giraavou in the BAA atoll where there were no Jelly fish and was ana amazing place ( SEE MY OTHER REVIEW).
A quick note about the fish here - they are not nearly as plentiful as other places in the maldives - due to its close proximity to male. We flew to BAA atoll where you literally are surrounded by fish when you enter the water.
Our only complaint was the food it wasnt that great - that would be the one thing they really could improve on. THe special nights are not worth it as food average.
A year on we are going back to the maldives and will be staying at the four seasons resort Landaa Giraavou ( which we loved) and going to try the 6 senses as both are in the baa atoll and not near male.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Float at infinity's edge. Descend stairs for underground wine. Come out of your shell in the depths of an underwater spa room - the first and only in the world - where colour fish glide past the floor-to-ceiling-windows that reveal the beauty of the reef. Huvafen Fushi, a multi-award winning island resort located only 35 minutes by speedboat from Male, offers 44 naturally modern bungalows and the luxury of 'suites at sea,' traditional Maldivian sailboats fitted out with modern indulgences and the chance to escape and relax in a secluded island paradise in the middle of the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Huvafen Fushi Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Huvafen Fushi Hotel Huvafen Fushi Island
- Huvafen Fushi Male
- Huvafen Fushi Hotel Male
- Huvafen Fushi Maldives Huvafen Fushi Island