My husband and I have just returned from our recent holiday to Huvafen Fushi and all we can tell people is that we have peaked too early in our holidaying career!! We will never ever have a holiday like that again. It was out of this world and so perfect on every single level.
Amazing food, amazing staff, amazingly beautiful island, amazing watersports.... Have I mentioned that it was amazing!!!
We took our two young children with us - controversial for The Maldives as many people associate it with just being a place for couples. I would describe Huvafen Fushi as understatedly child-friendly. They don't shout about their family offering and it is not in your face. However they have really thought of everything for those travelling with young children.
We stayed in the incredible Beach Pavilion - a truly magnificent villa. It has two bedrooms, its own kitchen, its own private beach and a fabulous swimming pool. We also spent our last two nights in The Cube - a three bed property - which was just as great.
The staff were so friendly and so helpful with the children. Our six-month-old had so many cuddles from so many different staff members! Our Thakuru (butler) was also really great with them and while I went out diving, he assisted my husband with childcare!!
Nothing was too much trouble for the team. Incredible fresh purees were delivered every mealtime for our infant to enjoy...Our three-year-old also particularly enjoyed the daily feeding of the stingrays by the island's Marine Biologist.
Huvafen Fushi is a world apart from normal luxury. It exceeds expectations on every level. We stayed at One and Only Reethi Rah for our honeymoon. That was good. But Huvafen Fushi is a step above -without doubt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Float at infinity's edge. Descend stairs for underground wine. Come out of your shell in the depths of an underwater spa room - the first and only in the world - where colour fish glide past the floor-to-ceiling-windows that reveal the beauty of the reef. Huvafen Fushi, a multi-award winning island resort located only 35 minutes by speedboat from Male, offers 44 naturally modern bungalows and the luxury of 'suites at sea,' traditional Maldivian sailboats fitted out with modern indulgences and the chance to escape and relax in a secluded island paradise in the middle of the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Huvafen Fushi Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Huvafen Fushi Hotel Huvafen Fushi Island
- Huvafen Fushi Male
- Huvafen Fushi Hotel Male
- Huvafen Fushi Maldives Huvafen Fushi Island