3,455 results
All reviewswater sportsbeach bungalowshark feedinglagoon restaurantitalian restaurantspeed boatmain restaurantbreakfast and dinnerour honeymoonscuba divinghalf boardbuggy servicewelcome drinkfishindian dishescrystal clear waterjet skiing
Reviewed January 19, 2016

Aptly named "Paradise".. it made our honeymoon an unforgettable one.. This being the first time foreign trip for both me & my husband, we were scared at every step. Right from zeroing on the destination to resort, we were so unsure of what to expect. Of course we researched a LOT! Based on the reviews and experiences, we finalised on Paradise. So with all the confusion in our minds we landed Male airport. Trust me the feeling was not so good. Waited for the speed boat.. Got in one. Reached the resort and oh my! What a beauty, what hospitality.. The resort management leaves no stone unturned to pamper the visitors & make your stay exotic. It was an out of the world experience. We opted for Superior Beach Bungalow and a Full board meal plan. It was worth for all the money that we paid.. Looking forward to go again.. And would love to help anyone who needs some more clarification on the destination

Room Tip: Since we opted for Superior Beach Bungalow, all the rooms were alike. The rooms will have a back door facing the ocean. Very Beautiful!
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
6  Thank iyerakhila
Reviewed January 17, 2016

Sure, its Maldives, it has to be good. The island has beautiful white beaches almost all around the island. It took around an hour to walk "around" it with photo stops. You cant really walk around it but almost due to a protected harbour on one side.

We had a bungalow on the island, it was big, clean, great bathroom, an extra outside shower joined with the bathroom. Two outside chairs and table on the porch. Also two sunbeds. Comfortable beds and aircon. We had lots of big black ants when we first arrived but we were advised to have the aircon as the ants went away when it was too cold for them. However, they stayed in the bathroom during the whole stay.

However, the beach outside the bungalow wasn't what we expected, it was not taken care of, not really what I would call a beach. There was a man made channel outside with swimming forbidden. I guess to the strong current and the harsh ground. The outside part of the channel was a bigger man made stone pier which blocks the view of the sea. I can understand it has to be there due to harsh weather and wind.

We had about a 10-15min walk to the main building with restaurants and bar (for the all inclusive part). If you want to be secluded I guess this is fine, but otherwise as for a bungalow closer to the main area.

We had an all inclusive package and was pretty happy with that. The food was always served as buffet but it was always really good. There is lots of selections of all kinds of food. In the bar, beer, house wine, water, sodas and some drinks were included. The mini bar in the bungalow was not included except for water and soda.

Wifi was 20 US dollars for 3 days (two devices could be connected). Wifi worked in bungalow and public areas.

If you don't want to use the sunbeds by your bungalow, you can use the ones by the pool. There are also some scattered on the beach but they are not many of them, but also not many people using them either.

As we couldn't swim by our bungalow, we used the sunbeds by the pool and swam in the sea in front of it. The snorkelling is ok, you can see lots of small to medium fish. Also some reef sharks, stingrays and an odd turtle or two. Renting snorkel gear was from 10 US dollar a day without fins. You need fins if you want to adventure outside the stone piers.

The boat transfer from the airport took about 30min.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled with friends
3  Thank soffis
Reviewed January 16, 2016

It is my first time to be in this island. It is very big, with only 20min away from airport which is very convenient.

Villa:
My friend and me was staying one night only in the Ocean Villa for our birthday trip. The villa is really nice, with big space and nice view. Both of us were very excited when we saw the room.

Spa:
We didn't do any excursions as we came just for relaxing. And I don't think it is good for snorkeling as I only saw very big lagoon without much housereef. Instead, we went for 80 minutes massage. The massage was so good, the therapists there were very good with pressure as both of us like deep tissue.

The lunch was buffet and I was really a little bit disappointed as the choice was really limited. The taste as well was not that good. However, we decided to go for Japanese restaurant for dinner. The menu was A La Carte and it was not included in our Full Board package. I really would like to recommend this restaurant to all the guests. The food there was very authentic, and very tasty. Both my friend and me was very enjoyable. We met Kumar, the sous chef there, he is very professional and helpful.

Service:
There is free Wifi in the room, but it was a bit slow. Wifi will be chargeable in public area. The staffs there are generally very friendly. Thanks for the lovely cake. But we met one GRO, who made us felt she was a bit arrogant. Anyways, we don't want to mention the name. Overall, it was a really nice staying there. And we wish we could spend more time for our next staying.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shengnan Z
Reviewed January 15, 2016

The Resort is very well maintained with professional nice staff. We stayed in the bungalow on the beach and it was perfect for us. You open the back door and you are just with your feet on the sand. We booked the half board package and we are really happy with our choice. The buffet food is delicious, a great variety and abundance! The island is very nice and not crowded at all. To visit the coral reef we have to book a boat tour as you can't reach it from the island. The number, shape and colour of the fishes is unbelievable!

Room Tip: The bungalow is more then enough!
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tita t
Reviewed January 12, 2016

Me and my wife had gone to this resort for our wedding anniversary in November end. We were spellbound with the resort and the rooms. This entire property is superbly well maintained. Room service and cleanliness is amazing. We stayed 2 nights in Beach villa and 2 nights in water villa. We were highly impressed with both the rooms. The aquatic life around you is just superb. However there are a couple things i would like to highlight regarding their restaurants:

1) My wife is a pure veg and she was struggling with what to eat everytime. We didn't take the buffet option for lunch or dinner. We ate most of the time at the italian restaurant. The spread available in the buffet had very less veg options. We ate at the sea food restaurant twice but over there as well my wife had to eat a sandwich. On one evening they made special veg dimsums for her, which was very nice of them. If you are a pure veg kind of person please do further research on this aspect. Considering that there are so many Indian tourists who visit that place, they should increase the veg variety or add an Indian restaurant. Breakfast spread was pretty good.

2.) During our lunch, I ordered a seafood pasta and found a hair on it as soon as the waiter kept the dish on the table. I pointed that to him. All he had to say was "I am sorry"....no offer to change or anything...for one or two dishes the flavor had changed from what we had the previous day..we raised that issue but nothing was done about it...only "sorry"

3.) Now I am a light drinker. I can get a nice kick if i drink 2 pegs of Gins or whisky or 2 glass of wine. I would feel atleast something. But over there in their pub...i had a beer, gin, vodka and whisky (JD) within 2 hours and nothing happened to me at all....had 2 glasses of wine with every meal and it was like i was drinking soft drink...not sure how genuine the alcohol were...

We didn't go with any intention of doing any water sports however we just inquired about the rates and found them pretty steep.

Staff at the reception and buggi drivers were pretty polite and kind...

Overall this place is good value for money for the rooms and the entire property, but i think they should improve their restaurant service and variety a bit more.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple