“Great team.”

Paradise Island Resort & Spa
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Had 4days here , resort had good facilities and the restaurants had great food . We had lunch at the Italian and the food was very tasty. Lunch at seafood restaurant was also very nice. The resort staff are extremely helpful,happy , if you buy a meal plan you sit at the same table in the main restaurant, you will have the same table staff who will most likely remember your name and have a good daily chat with , they like speaking to the tourists and are real characters but always courteous. Also went diving with The dive centre, they are very safety conscious and had good dive sites.

Room Tip: If staying in a bungalow it's worth pricing an " over water villa" for a night or two...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank StumpyRotoruaNZ
Write a ReviewReviews (2,837)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Four days of bliss...... couldn't be more appropriately named as Paradise! Cozy & clean rooms, great ambience, amazing choice of food, friendly & helpful staff ....... in short perfection everywhere for a perfect holiday. The Whale submarine and the Trans Maldivian Photo Flight were awsome...... and ofcourse the Spa. Habeeb at the Bageecha Restaurant & ofcourse JoAnna at the fFront Desk deserve special mention.

Room Tip: Go for the Water Villas.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adrian C
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the report end of March 2013 as part of our trip to Maldives and would like to share our experience from staying there.
First of all I need to say that the resort is huge for Maldivian standards and is “divided” in two parts – Heaven/Water bungalows and the rest (bungalows on the islands). We have experienced both.
First two nights we stayed in a beachfront bungalow. If you are planning to stay there, Nr260-239 will provide you with the decent beach and nice view. This is on the eastern side of the island (opposite from the reception) so you have a chance to meet the sunrise if you wake up early enough. The rooms are big and clean, but do not expect 5 star hotel experience there. We were with a bunch of 10 friends who were located in different parts of the island and I can say that all on land rooms are pretty much the same – dated back in 70s. There are no bathrobes, slippers, toiletries, internet. Towels are quite thin and seen better days. TV and hairdryers are ancient but in good working order. Overall I would say that you can compare these rooms with something you find for 50-60 $ USD in Thailand.
For the last night we have upgraded to the Heaven Villa, aka water bungalow, and only then experienced 5 star hotel. It is as if we have moved to a completely different place. No negative comments about the room at all – it is big and nicely decorated, bathroom is stunning, Jacuzzi on the terrace and direct access to the sea was something we hugely enjoyed.

Other details about the hotel facilities:
SPA – was great. Highly recommend for a massage as the girls who work there are just magicians.
Food – we were on half board which included breakfast and dinner in the main restaurant (buffet). Again, not impressed for a 5 star hotel. Extremely busy, noisy and reminded me university canteen days. For water villas there is a separate buffet in a better location, but the food is pretty much the same, just in a nicer setting. Italian, seafood and Japanese restaurants were quite nice and we had some tasty meals there.
Entertainment – not much in the evening. There was a DJ in the main bar, but music was not great.
Activities – huge selection of water sports such as kayaking, catamarans, jet ski etc. Could be fun.
Staff – here you really can feel division of the hotel in 2 parts. Heaven Villa staff and reception make an effort and are very helpful. The usual guests who are staying in island bungalows are not blessed with that.
Snorkelling and beach – this is not your typical paradise Maldivian island as it is facing the ocean on eastern side, which results in tides and lack of big enough reef to house tropical fish. The sea is quite rough during high tide, but nice and calm during low tides. There are still some fish, especially reef sharks which are attracted by daily feeding. There are much better places in Maldives for diving and enjoying underwater life.

Overall our stay there was ok but I would not recommend the hotel unless you book Heaven Villas and even then, for the price, there are better alternatives. No place for honeymooners or romantic break, but could be good for families with children.

Room Tip: Nr260-230 will provide you with the decent beach and nice view. 200-230 - beach is very dirty
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank nataljaserra
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I visited the place on April 2012. It was wonderful and felt like our own little paradise. The place had very few people which meant we almost had the entire beach to ourselves (perfect for our honeymoon). The staffs were very friendly, kind and helpful. The food was awesome. The sea was perfect for snorkeling. We did our first scuba diving here and boy! Did we enjoy it!! I am one of those people who is afraid to get in the water, but the staff made me feel I was in safe hands. My reward? I saw a beautiful turtle swim underwater. We enjoyed our stay so much that we extended our stay by two days. Only disappointment was that we didn't get to take the photo flight (due to the rain). We wish to be back here someday!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Saras A
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was our first visit to the resort and boy we would love to keep going back. After a lot of research we finalised on this resort and booked it through "Gemini Tours and Travels " in Bangalore. I would like to mention about Ms Raji from Gemini who helped us get this resort. The rates were even lower on booking through Gemini Tours than what was quoted by other travel sites like Agoda,Hotels.com etc. They took all care of arranging our pick up boat etc from outside Male Airport etc. Make sure to inform them of any change in flight timings at Male airport so that the pick up boat can be notified accordingly. We were met at the airport and transferred to the speed boat. The boat ride takes about 20 minutes to reach the resort and once you are there it is pure bliss. The water is light blue and lots of white sane all around. We were booked in a Superior cottage with an outside shower. After one night we upgraded to the water villas and that was simply out of this world. LCD TV,Bose speakers etc are just some of the delights which you can use .There is an attached bathroom nd also an outside tub where you can just lie and water the clear water all around. A flight of stairs takes you from the villa to the lagoon below. There are 4 restaurants with fixed seating allotted to you as soon as you check in. The buffet is quite huge but becomes boring over a period of time.

A wonderfiul resort exciting enough to keep you entertained and in love with nature around you .Do come here and have a time of your life.

Room Tip: Choose a water villa if you can for an ultimate experience
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Prasun M
Reviewed March 27, 2013

loveeeed my stay... friendly staff , amazing food.. specially the sweet dishes during buffet , just wish if u could give more supplies for tea and coffee. rather than just 2 bottles of water and limited sachets :( overall.. great experience

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Hi everybody
I am planning on going to this resort in May, but before booking I would like to ask some questions.
1)Has anyone prepaid for there stay? I have read that most people pay with credit card once there. I have been talking with an agency in male through email and they want me to pay first to confirm the booking. Do you think this is ok? Safe? They are going to send me a form for the credit card payment so I'll see what it says. It is the best price I have found so maybe that's why I have to pay in advance.
2) which number rooms are the best to choose? Close to the main beaches, bars, restaurants and with a good view??

I hope to get some replies soon
Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lankanfinolhu Island
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa Maldives
Gili Lankanfushi
Gili Lankanfushi
#1 of 1 in Lankanfushi

Been to Paradise Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!