The island is well planned and the water around it is absolutely gorgeous. Sparkling turquoise especially when the sun is out. At the back the crashing waves and the open water are beautiful to view especially during the day. In the Maldives, I learned that it's absolutely important to choose your resort wisely, as you are there to stay the remainder of your stay.
The buffet changed up all the time during lunch and dinner, with above average food. The staff are very courteous and friendly.
Wifi is terrible all since you have to stay at the reception area, purchase per person, AND you get logged off everytime you leave the reception area for 3 minutes at a time.
The watersports complex is very complete and the staff is very efficient. I would recommend them to move the watersports area to another part of the island since it is very difficult to jetski around the "corrals" which are mostly dead already anyway, if they want those corrals to grow back.
Tip 1: DO NOT change your USD to maldives currency once you reach the airport, you do not need it, they accept USD, and when you want to change it back or use it to pay for your stay at the resort, the value "shrinks"
Tip2: Be aware that the prices on the menu are still "raw" and increase with service charge and tax to prevent yourself from "bill-shock" as I got mine.
Tip 3: The "island hopping" tour is not at all worth it. The so - called 5 star hotel they brought us to and the fishing village riddled with tourist traps were a waste of 4 good hours of swimming time
All in all: Positives beautiful resort, excellent staff, good clean rooms, efficient service.
the Negatives: wifi and bill-shock
I definitely come back here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine an island right in the middle of the Indian Ocean, with bright white beaches, a lagoon with multiple hues of blue and aquamarine and tall coconut palms swaying to the breeze. Who wouldn't want to be marooned on one? All the more, when all modern comforts and formal professional services that one would expect on a five star hotel come together with it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Paradise Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Island Hotel Lankanfinolhu Island
- Paradise Island Resort Maldives
- Paradise Island Maldives
- Paradise Island Male
- Paradise Island Resort & Spa Maldives/Lankanfinolhu Island