“Beautiful Island”

Paradise Island Resort & Spa
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The island is well planned and the water around it is absolutely gorgeous. Sparkling turquoise especially when the sun is out. At the back the crashing waves and the open water are beautiful to view especially during the day. In the Maldives, I learned that it's absolutely important to choose your resort wisely, as you are there to stay the remainder of your stay.

The buffet changed up all the time during lunch and dinner, with above average food. The staff are very courteous and friendly.

Wifi is terrible all since you have to stay at the reception area, purchase per person, AND you get logged off everytime you leave the reception area for 3 minutes at a time.

The watersports complex is very complete and the staff is very efficient. I would recommend them to move the watersports area to another part of the island since it is very difficult to jetski around the "corrals" which are mostly dead already anyway, if they want those corrals to grow back.

Tip 1: DO NOT change your USD to maldives currency once you reach the airport, you do not need it, they accept USD, and when you want to change it back or use it to pay for your stay at the resort, the value "shrinks"

Tip2: Be aware that the prices on the menu are still "raw" and increase with service charge and tax to prevent yourself from "bill-shock" as I got mine.

Tip 3: The "island hopping" tour is not at all worth it. The so - called 5 star hotel they brought us to and the fishing village riddled with tourist traps were a waste of 4 good hours of swimming time

All in all: Positives beautiful resort, excellent staff, good clean rooms, efficient service.
the Negatives: wifi and bill-shock

I definitely come back here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Angela S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,758)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We would recommend the resort for couples who are looking for reasonable R&R. It's quiet & peaceful and they offer a variety of water activities. However, there's not much effort put into the water activities so everyone goes to the same place everyday. You may want to ask about other snorkelling trips outside of the resort. The rooms, restaurants, bar, and swimming pool are not significant in terms of having the latest and best design but they were clean & practical. The only distinct inconvenience we encountered was the wifi accessibility because the only place you can have decent reception was at the main lobby.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Smokey_Swallow
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Before booking the hotel through www.Atollparadise.com we were looking at the various hotel options deciding between the right mix of beauty, luxury and cost. After being recommended by Sachiko at Atol, we again reviewed the various websites and decided on paradise simply for its beautiful island scenery, and fairly close location to male (avoiding a sea plane transfer).

We stayed in the water villa (3nights) and haven villa (4nights). Both of these accommodation options are in a part of the island that we thought of as the 5* part of the hotel/resort. Amazing rooms with truly amazing views, gorgeous decor and great facilities. Restaurants were also really good, offering very good quality food from various cuisines, east to west, and good healthy options too. Alcohol was also very reasonably priced (at $5 a beer - cheap compared to other islands), and the staff all amazing throughout the resort.

Don't be fooled and think that booking the beach huts is a 5* hotel, as we showered in one of these on departure day, and if I'm being totally honest, it ranks more a 2-3*, so definitely spend that little extra and go for the water/haven villa. Water villa definitely represents better value, as its exactly the same room and view, just the haven villa having a jacuzzi as opposed to a gorgeous outdoor stone bath.

All in all, extremely happy with our choice, would go back and recommend the island if booking the right accommodation style, diving, beaches, water sports all great although a bit costly, but then it is the Maldives!

Room Tip: Definitely do not book the beach huts, go for the water or haven villas
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Duncg03
Reviewed February 15, 2013

this resort is really good for couples.me and my wife were there for 6 days,it was haven,the calm and crystal clear water,great staff,and they have many water activity too.great resort.but if u r indian and only eat veg u will feed little uncomfortable at this resort,other than food it was great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sachin_patel_n
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The first 3x nights we stayed in a beach bungalow. The rooms were very average. Nothing spectacular. And it was far to walk from the room to the reception / main restaurant. But we enjoyed the exercise. The last 3x nights we stayed in a water villa. Best choice ever. Beautiful inside! You don't mind staying at the villa the whole day, beautiful view, outside bath, the sea just a step away. The staff were really friendly and gave us good service. Good variety of food although we missed our red meat alot! Drinks and food are very expensive on the resort. Even the excursions was overpriced.. But other than that it is a beautiful island with turquoise waters, white sandy beaches, perfect weather, and alot of coral that can hurt your feet. We saw black reef tip sharks, stingrays, dolphins and all different kinds of fish. We made good friends on our trip. As honeymooners...this was a holiday we will never forget!

Room Tip: Water Villas - Any rooms from numbers 750 upwards Beach Bungalows - Any rooms from numbers 300 upwa...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 6 nights before heading to Dubai for a further 4 nights in March 2012 for our honeymoon. First impressions were it looked amazing! It really did look like paradise and you can see all the exotic fishes in the shallow water. We even saw dolphins when sat in the Italian restaurant - it was surreal. However, the main thing that I remember from my honeymoon is getting very poorly. I went to see the doctor onsite and he gave me some tablets which were supposed to stop my vomitting, unfortunately 2 days later I was still vomitting very badly so made a second visit to the hotel doctor and this time he gave me antibiotics. He did not confirm what my illness was and only when i returned to England did my GP diagnose it as food poisoning-he also advised me to stop taking any medication I was given at the hotel in the Maldives. I spent 5 days of my honeymoon vomitting and feeling very weak. I also had a number of bites on my legs which i believe to be bed bugs. Maldives is a beatiful country and really takes your breath away but unfortunately the food poisoning and bed bugs ruined my experience. I would definitly return to the Maldives but not to this hotel. It has many poistives though such as the snorkelling, parasailing (which hubby and I both loved) spa (where I had the best massage and I have had A LOT of massages in my time). As we were on our honeymoon they also gave us a basket of fruit (which wasn't fantastic but was an extra touch in the room. Our beach villa had the most amazing views and i really had an unforgettable experience in the Maldives!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Irem31
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Apart from a small few things that would bother travellers like restricted wifi zones and billing everything to the room rather than pay upfront for things like souvenirs (hard to keep track of how much is being spent) it is really a paradise ... Loved every minute of the trip here

• Stayed: February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lankanfinolhu Island
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa Maldives
Gili Lankanfushi
Gili Lankanfushi
#1 of 1 in Lankanfushi

Been to Paradise Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!