This was our first trip to the Maldives. We visited for 5 nights after having been in Sri Lanka for 8 nights.
The island is lovely, the room was basic but very large and well situated (beach bungalow). The bathroom was lovely - very modern and large. The outside shower was a fun novelty. For anyone interested, there is also an indoor one too!
We found the service good and everything was very clean and well organised.
We were on a full-board basis and really enjoyed the food.
After having been very busy during our Sri Lankan holiday, I did find it difficult to adjust to doing nothing! There are many sporting activities here but they are not really my thing.
We did go on a 2 hr snorkelling boat trip but although we did see many types of fish, I was so disappointed to see more dead coral than live. There were no colours there and the shallow reef we were taken to was being trampled on by our guests on the trip. Care of the reef should be promoted whereas I didn't feel it was. We set off on the trip 10 minutes late and arrived back 15 minutes early. When we have paid for a 2 hr trip I felt a little let-down. I noticed the trip the following days followed the same time-table also so beware.
Would I return? - No because I realise this is not my type of holiday. I didn't realise how hard I would find it to relax and how much I would miss the hussle and bussle of my usual type of holiday.
However, there is nothing wrong with this island at all in my opinion.
The snorkling was okay, the marine life interesting and I have never seen such amazing bat-birds!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine an island right in the middle of the Indian Ocean, with bright white beaches, a lagoon with multiple hues of blue and aquamarine and tall coconut palms swaying to the breeze. Who wouldn't want to be marooned on one? All the more, when all modern comforts and formal professional services that one would expect on a five star hotel come together with it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Paradise Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Island Hotel Lankanfinolhu Island
- Paradise Island Resort Maldives
- Paradise Island Maldives
- Paradise Island Male
- Paradise Island Resort & Spa Maldives/Lankanfinolhu Island