Having read most of the trip advisor reviews on BAROS, we really thought we were in for a great experience, Baros was the first of three resorts we had booked, and i`m currently writng this review from W RETREAT AND SPA .
Firstly i must say the tranfer was effecient with very pleasant staff members, secondly the check in was brilliant to a point, until we were escorted to our baros villa by an extremely ineffecient staff member to say the least with absoloutly no people skills at all, and i ,believe subsequent to our dissattisfaction she no longer works at the resort. The Baros Villa was a O.K. definatately no wow factor , we were left pondering whether infact we were actually in a baros villa and not in the standard villa. The Villa`s are rather close to each other and we found most guests whispering to each other on the beach, not to to disturb or inconvience the guests on sun lounges alongside of them, this could be a positive or a negative, after all you`re on vacation nothing wrong with a bit laughter . The snorkelling was O.k. but far from the best we`ve seen , also remember that there are strong tidal currents and rips so be carefull if you not a great swimmer. The worst part of the Villa set up is either you face Male or your outlook is onto, in some parts a deteriorating tidal wall , not very good for photography.
Resturants and bars
SAILS BAR - excellent and extremely friendly staff members,great for light meals,cocktails and light evening entertainment .
LIGHTHOUSE BAR - as above, good sunset photo shoots etc although Male in the backround.
LIME RESTUARANT - very good value for money , friendly effecient staff , a well rounded menue and venue.
CAYENNE GRILL - great setting , excellnt staff members , fantastic teppanyaki chef.
Asian Buffet - big dissapointment at 85 us dollar per person , minimal selection, a bad choice .
TEPPANYAKI - great we recommend .
In conclusion to the whole restaurant issue and a comparison if you interested at W RETREAT the restuarant FIRE which serves a buffet for 75 us dollars per person, and in my opinion a 100% better with a huge variety and a brilliant romantic setting.
The checkout was probably the worst experience we`ve ever encounted in 12 years of travel all around the world , no good morning, no thank you , no how was your stay with us will you be returning - nothing at all but, how are you paying cash or card , bye-bye and that was it.
To conclude a very dissapointing experience never to return again, for a couple more dollars you could be in heaven in the maldives selecting another resort as we are experiencing right now ( THANK YOU W TETREAT AND SPA FOR MAKING OUR YEARLY MALDIVES TRIP A PLEASURE AS WE ONLY KNOW IT)
We complete our stay at the maldives as return visitors at ANGSANA IHURU RESORT A SLIGHTLY CHEAPER RESORT WITH FULL BOARD , if only BAROS could offer the equivilent services as the W RETREAT AND ANGSANA resorts, we too could return to BAROS one day
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lush, tropical island set in the shimmering waters of a shallow lagoon, ringed by a reef vibrant with marine life. Stay in elegance in Villas created from timber and sandstone, poised and peaceful over a translucent lagoon, or nestled discreetly among exotic blooms by the beach. Revel in romantic privacy on the perfect vacation. The essence of the Maldives, defined at Baros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Baros Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baros Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Baros Maldives Male
- Baros Maldives Hotel Male