Baros Maldives
Angsana Ihuru
$700
BanyanTree.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Park Kodhipparu, Maldives(Kodhipparu Island)
$1,162
$136
$632
$512
  • Breakfast included
Huvafen Fushi Maldives(Huvafen Fushi Island)
$1,921
$517
$313
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Paradise Island Resort & Spa(Lankanfinolhu Island)
$609
$264
Travelocity
2,367 results
All reviewslighthouse restaurantvilla hostlime restaurantwater villaour honeymoonfishdeluxe villalobster bisquedive centrereef sharkssmall islandhalf boardindian oceanoutdoor showerthe resort managerother resortsmale airport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Myself, my hubby and my disabled daughter stayed at Baros in April this year, we have stayed at two different resorts previously in the Maldives and while the other two were perfectly acceptable Baros was our Goldilocks!
Firstly Baros provided us with a special buggy to push my daughter around as using a wheelchair is extremely difficult on sand. Having a daughter who has physical and mental disabilities this was a first class aid!
Secondly we stayed in a Pool Villa, which was charming, delightful and ideal for our requirements, in addition Baros had fitted a curtain rail around a section of the inside living space for my daughter's privacy. Which to us was above and beyond expectations! There were also ramps fitted at the villa and attentive staff to help her wherever we went.
I did have a slight gripe though which was a 'glass of wine', the quota poured was minimal and the price was extortionate: buy the bottle instead!
Finally I really cannot recommend Baros enough, Sails bar staff perfected my second favourite cocktail, the Menehune, favourite being Margarita which was also first rate. We ate in all the restaurants and the food was top- notch in all of them and treated my daughter like a princess, but the Lighthouse was particularly outstanding because there were baby sharks hunting fish in the shallows around us ! L'Occitane products in the villa! A superb spa, the caviar facial diminished my wrinkles and the therapists that treated myself and daughter were professional and caring. Diving was first rate, moreover the snorkelling on the house reef was unbelievable! Even I went snorkelling, first time ever and saw a shark and a turtle!! A hammock on the beach by the bar drinking apple juice or chocolate milk was my daughters ideal relaxation.
Baros is super, ace, cool!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank AnnieTh64
Shuhan A, Resort Manager at Baros Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear AnnieTh64,

It is great to hear that we are the goldilocks out of the other resorts you have being to in Maldives. Thank you for putting such great comments about us and we are delighted to see your comments.

It is our pleasure to have provided you with the warm and genuine hospitality of Baros Maldives and we intend to do so in your future visits as well.

Please do let us know when you have made your plans to come our way again and we will be honored to have the whole family again.

Thank you once again and Warmest Regards on behalf of the entire Baros Maldives Team,

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I went to Baros Maldives with my family in the month of August and it was simply amazing! I am writing this review now as I was travelling and just got back to my country and got the time to write properly...

Baros was amazing from the moment we got into Male to the moment we left it. GREAT service was there throughout... I believe I am very picky with service as I myself have worked in hotels before so I will give my truly honest opinion.

From the moment we arrived to the airport there were already 4 people waiting for us to help us with our luggage and take us to our speedboat that was going to take us to our paradise island, upon arriving to the island there was someone waiting for us in the pier with a huge smile welcoming us and took us to the check in area for a welcome proseco before leading us to our rooms for our check in. Farshaan was always there to oversee our arrival and departure and always offering a genuine smile as well as the "front office" area.

Everytime we went to the multiple restaurants where there was amazing food (breakfast is specially amazing) the F&B manager was always there to greet us and make sure everything was perfect.. and it was...!

I went with my family and we stayed in the Water Villa and Beach Villa and both rooms were amazing! In one occassion, there was a small pier in front of my room and I wanted an umbrella to be set there as it was really sunny. I was really happy when I saw around 12 people carrying the umbrella to the pier, which I fully utilized for the rest of my stay... I asked for it because I thought it was a reasonable request as the pier had two chairs but no umbrella, and great service is always trying your best to make your guests stay the more comfortable... and they did...

The Dive center was also amazing and helping us with all the requests or queries we had, the night snorkelling is something I fully recommend and you can even see the green plankton! Its magic...

On one occassion I commented that i really loved a cd that they were playing and the next day received a CD with all the music burned in it.. that was great :)

Finally, when we were leaving we got a small turtle in our room by our room attendant which did great job and upon check out had everyone including Farshaan to accompany us to the pier once more and they waited saying goodbye until we really could not see the island anymore, now that is really good service!

So THANK YOU so much Baros Maldives and everyone who helped make our stay amazing even though I have not mentioned you in here, I know there is many people behind the scenes which also deserves our gratitude :)

See you next time and to anyone who is reading this, I fully recommend this hotel...

Room Tip: Take the room with the beach view, which also has the pier... it gives you a great spot!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Mfons16
Shuhan A, Resort Manager at Baros Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Mfons16,

What a beautiful and a detailed review! Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor.

It is amazing to read such lovely and detailed reviews and even more enjoyable to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your family experience with us.

We can't wait to have you and your family back with us again for more amazing experiences with us and I can assure you we will be there at your service always.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Baros is a dream come true. Until you don´t get close to the island you may not understand the meaning of this sentence but once you arrive there, you will start dreaming in the Island. Our dream was a four night stay. Everything was perfect. Personal is really professional and they know how to behave in every moment. Especially Farshaan and Viktoria. They helpt us a lot especially for the sandbank expierience ( really worthy ). Trust them and their island. You are in the best hands possible. Thanks again for those wonderful days and sorry for writing this late. Kind regards from Spain, Ruth and Luis.

Room Tip: Water-villa west facing. No doubt.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Luis C

Dear Ruth and Luis,

In Maldivian, we say Shukuriyya (Thank you), for this sweet review. We are very happy to read your lovely comments about us.

Having tried the Sandbank dinner which is just out of this world is definitely worth and I agree as this is one of my personal favorite experience in Baros as well.

Farshaan and Viktoria sends their best wishes and along with them we all look forward to your future stays with us.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Me and my husband went to Baros for our honeymoon staying from 2nd September for 6 nights in a Deluxe Villa.
This was definitely the honeymoon of our dreams and i don't think anything will ever be able to top it!! From the moment we landed at the airport to our departure everything was catered for and nothing was to much trouble at all. The deluxe villa was stunning with an amazing outdoor shower.. the room was cleaned twice a day along with a turn down service treat which was much appreciated after dinner. We ate at all restaurants but i would like to mention that the Cayenne and Lighthouse food was out of this world.. the presentation,service just cant be beaten.
The spa was also great we had the Baros signature massage in the couples suite.
Please book Baros and i promise you will not regret..me and my husband are already planning to go back for our one year wedding anniversary!
Special thanks to Shazyl our villa host who was extremely attentive and friendly.
Baros see you next year.

Mr & Mrs Jastinder Dhesi

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tarandeep D

Dear Mr & Mrs Jastinder Dhesi,

From the most Romantic Resort in the world (by World Travel Awards 2012) we send our greetings and love to you.

We are delighted that we had the chance to have you with us for your honeymoon and even more delighted that we made your honeymoon as the best ever.

Thank you so much and we look forward to your first wedding anniversary next year. Especially Shazyl is extremely excited and impatient to be your villa host again to provide you the personalized hospitality.

A lot of regards from all of us at Baros,

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We have just returned from a weeks Honeymoon on Baros Island, and there aren't enough superlatives I can use to describe the place and the staff. There is no stone unturned on the path of luxury and fantastic service on Baros.

We stayed in one of the water villas with a pool which have great sunset views and the reef less than 10metres away. The villas are equipped with anything you could need and discreetly cleaned and stocked during the day. The food is amazing and the choice more than enough to fill your needs for a week (or more). There are plenty of activities to do should you choose to, and the ones we did were brilliant. The service though is without the a doubt the best you could ever hope for from the moment you arrive in Male to the moment you leave in Male.

I booked Baros after a long Internet search as the island consistently turns up on the 'best' lists of where to stay in the Maldives and it didn't disappoint or fail to deliver. The number of awards it has won are a testament to it.

We will definitely return and would most definitely recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fred720

Dear fred720,

Sunny greetings from Baros Maldives!

We cannot thank you enough for choosing Baros for your honeymoon.

I am very pleased that you have chosen a Water Pool Villa for your stay with us as they are just perfect. Privacy, View from the deck, the infinity pool, all that adds to make a perfect room.

It is our wish now to see you soon again with us for another great experience.

Once again Shukuriyya on behalf of everyone here at Baros Maldives.

Warmest Regards,