Spent a lovely six days here in April 2008 having booked six months earlier to secure a room! We chose this resort based on Trip Advisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. Baros is classy, understated luxury with all attention to the small details that make a place like this extra special. Our Deluxe Beach Villa was very roomy and well appointed with all the necessary mod cons including an espresso coffee machine which we loved and used several times a day! The view from the room was spectacular with the water being about three metres from the deck at high tide. Every morning was the same blue sky, white sand and blue water. April is a great time to go as the weather is constant, dry and calm. It is hot and the sun is intense in the mid part of the day but this is the time to retreat under the umbrella with a good book!
The resort itself is compact and easy to get around but the layout is such that you hardly notice the other guests and you can be as private as you wish including dining in your villa if you want. It is very much a couples resort and there are very few children, no disco or pool scene and the whole tone is hushed and calm. We used the well equiped gym a few times. Other activities are available for divers, sailors and canoeists but we mainly stuck to snorkelling on the house reef - the coral and fish a few metres from the shore are spectacular. The reef sharks are always swimming around but they are harmless and have never been known to bite anyone - nevertheless makes your heart skip a beat when you see those fins swim just by!
Food wise we tried all three restaurants at the resort - the Lime Restaurant is casual but offers the full range of cuisine; the Cayenne Grill was lovely but mainly meat and fish and the signature Lighthouse Restaurant is a nice treat in fine dining. Food and alcohol is expensive - a glass of french bubbles is about US$35 but when you consider the fuel costs of getting everything to the resort you can understand why. The included breakfast was extensive and delicious.
All in all Baros is what you expect to get for around AUS$1000 a day right from the luxury launch pick up at the airport, to the beautiful villas and the seamless and understated service it is five star all the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lush, tropical island set in the shimmering waters of a shallow lagoon, ringed by a reef vibrant with marine life. Stay in elegance in Villas created from timber and sandstone, poised and peaceful over a translucent lagoon, or nestled discreetly among exotic blooms by the beach. Revel in romantic privacy on the perfect vacation. The essence of the Maldives, defined at Baros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Baros Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baros Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Baros Maldives Male
- Baros Maldives Hotel Male