“Just OK but pricey”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I had eaten here previously and the food was excellent. Its quite a nice homely pub with log fires etc I ordered the redlion burger. The chips were described as home made but did not taste like it and the burger that was described as 100% derbyshire beef didn't taste like it either. The burger bun was a bit stale. All in all the food was not horrible but at £9.95 for a burger I will not be hurrying back.

3  Thank robertino2012

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were walking with a group of friends (14 of us )the red lion was lunch break.We had pre ordered our food,so they were expecting us .A lady took us to our tables which were in the back room.,they had lit the fire ,so it was nice and cosy.My husband and I shared stuffed mushrooms and olives, warm rolls and dipping oil.It was a good choice,there was plenty of it.The staff were very friendly and the service was good.We have been to the peak district many times but we have never been to the lion before,I would definitely go again.

1  Thank sporty687
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I'm not one to complain but feel I have to on this occasion. When we first moved to Derbyshire 18 months ago this was an excellent place to eat. We took our family yesterday to eat and were very disappointed. Poor service to start with. The food was bland, dried up and tasteless. Whatever has happened to what was a fine eating house? The food was also over-priced. We will not be returning in a hurry !

5  Thank Ged P
Reviewed September 28, 2013

As my girlfriend and I were staying in Litton for the weekend for her birthday, we decided to eat here on the Saturday evening due to its close proximity to our holiday cottage.

Whilst our table was booked (recommended to do so and rightly so) for 6pm, we decided to have a few drinks beforehand in the bar area. The real ale on offer was of excellent quality, and the staff very friendly.

When we went to our table, the menu was a clear balance between not too much choice but enabling the too cook everything to order, which was reflected in the excellent quality.

As I'd mentioned we were here for my girlfriend's birthday, a chocolate brownie with a candle on was a lovely kind touch.

Due to its location, whenever you're travelling in the Peak District, there's a good chance you'll pass through Litton. This place is well worth a stop off!!

1  Thank SuntanMan10
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Inventive and non-standard menu for a pub, well cooked and good value with a good selection of beers and ales, too. Great stop on local walks and rides.

1  Thank FulhamPete