“Love the food”

Brasil by the Kilo
Ranked #300 of 867 Restaurants in North Sydney
Cuisines: Brazilian
Reviewed February 8, 2016

The quantity is a lot ! I go often during lunch and mostly the fish gets over soon. The place is very popular and the service is fast. If you are really hungry, give this a try.

Date of visit: January 2016

Reviewed September 6, 2015

Have been there three times, the food was excellent; not the meat rodizio (from the south of Brazil) like the other Brazilian restaurants, but rather a buffet with dishes from the different regions. Head cook is very good. Drinks were great as well.

Staff was polite and friendly, if a bit inexperienced. Nicely decorated.

Location was poor, unless you worked in North Sydney. Limited opening times, no Sunday service, hard to park.

They closed soon after my third visit (building will be torn down), no information on where they will re-open. Hopefully somewhere with a better nightlife, so one can take the family.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed August 31, 2015 via mobile

I went to this restaurant when it opened as I wanted to support a new local business. In addition I had watched the premises (previously a variety shop and before that the Men's Cooking Class shop) being decorated. The owner put in a huge effort so I had to offer a little support. Well my visit was disappointing to say the least. The food was very mediocre and VERY expensive. One can get an above average lunch in North Sydney for around $10 but here the prices were more than double. I forecast they would not last and sure enough they closed down at the end of July 2015

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed May 20, 2015

Went last Saturday night. We like dining early so were there for 6pm and were first diners. Spread was fantastic. Succulent and tender steak portions, fall off the bone roast leg of lamb, coconut fish curry and a few other meat dishes. There was also baked veggies, kale and other pulse salads. We opted for the $34/person all you can eat deal and we were very happy. We are not big eaters, and still feel that it was good value (might be because we are from Perth). We were also offered little tidbits which was freshly made and served to us. Complimentary coffee served when dessert is ordered. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Certainly a place we would recommend to our friends visiting Sydney.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed May 19, 2015

Went on a travelzoo voucher. Waitress was so helpful, explaining how it worked, explained the drinks and we spoke with the chef as he was putting out the food. I was a bit worried that there would not be enough meat for me, a meat lover, but there was legs of roast lamb, rump steak, smoked spicy chicken legs, pork stew as well as a coconut sauced fish and other interesting dishes and salads. I just feel there could be a larger desert offering or something with fruit. So thoroughly enjoyed and wish them the best.