“Huge Disappointment -letting down the name”
Review of Din Tai Fung

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Din Tai Fung
Ranked #362 of 754 Restaurants in North Sydney
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have eaten at other Din Tai Fung restaurants in Mid City Centre Sydney, World Square Sydney and even Singapore so I was excited when I read that a Din Tai Fung was opened in North Sydney and when we went I had expectations of the same standard of amazing dumplings and food and service. Was I wrong ! What we found was a cafeteria with plastic cutlery and not even proper plates on which to eat if you opt for sit down. You get a buzzer when you put your oprder in and you do everything yourself from getting the food to clearing the table.
I could cope with that if the food was of the usual Din Tai Fung standard but it was nowhere near the quality or flavour. No silken dumplings and delicious subtle flavours. A very poor attempt at pretence !

1  Thank TeePodd