“A return to very good Thai food”

Simple & Irresistible Thai Restaurant
Ranked #98 of 737 Restaurants in North Sydney
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2014

This Thai restaurant has been in North Sydney for some time, about 9 months ago it underwent a huge building renovation. In line with their new décor they changed their menu from a terrific Thai menu to something that had no appeal. We stopped going as did many other people.
I am very happy to tell you that now, Miki the owner and manager has decided to return many of the old favourite Thai dishes that we all grew to love and enjoy.
The food is fresh, sourced from the best suppliers and absolutely delicious. So, for anyone that stopped going when the menu was changed, you can now go back and once again enjoy your favourite dishes as well as many other new dishes.
May is a lovely and very polite waitress in this restaurant and she will also look after you along with the other staff.
They also serve delicious herbal tea on a very comfy lounge in a beautiful glass teapot, the tea in the teapot looks like a blossoming flower, really beautiful. It also has a delicious taste.
We are so glad to be able once again to enjoy absolutely delicious Thai food.
Give it a try. I am sure you will be very happy you did.

4  Thank JilltheItalophile
There are newer reviews for Simple & Irresistible Thai Restaurant

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I ordered take away for a hotel dinner and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the Thai food. This place has inside eating, take away or even delivery options. I ordered the spring rolls (freshly made and very tasty) and Pad Thai with wagyu beef (very authentic, flavorful and tender beef chuncks). I had a milk shake to balance the spicy food. Overall I liked the authentic fresh ingredients and would highly recommend this to anyone in the area. If I lived here I would be ordering delivery at least weekly. Don't miss this place.

1  Thank Thomas V
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Outstanding quality and freshness of food - innovative use of Thai flavours and local produce. Generous servings and attentive service. Definitely one of the best Thai restaurants on the North Shore. Also permits BYO without ridiculous corkage charges. A real gem!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

While this is not 100% Thai food it is good Asian food with a Thai focus - not to hot but I am sure this can be changed if need be. Food is fresh and has delicate yet different flavors from dish to dish. Very busy both in house and take away but service is prompt and attentive with JUST great puddings. I had a fresh coconut with black sticky rice and it was .very smart.

Seemed to be lots of family groups there so kids must like it.

We will be back.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

S&I have had a revamp since my last visit. Has always been good but now even better. The restaurant has expanded and is nicely presented. Very happy with food and service. Some tables might be a bit noisy, depending on the crowd. Will definitely move higher on my list of local favourites.