“Reservations”

Ranked #7 of 11 North Sydney B&B and Inns
Orange, Australia
“Reservations”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is incompently run. I made my booking last year for the Christmas / New Year period and it now doesn't exist. I'm apparently on awaiting list. To add insult to injury, the manager and the owner did not accept any responsibility for their lack of communication and basically told me it was my fault for not confirming. We were never told that we were meant to confirm. The girl who took our booking made us understand that it was booked. Can't believe how rude some people can be particularly when they're in the service industry!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Scarborough, Australia
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Six of us stayed here for a wedding function. Staff/management most helpful and go out of their way to service our requests. Sheets clean and room
average for cleanliness overall. They need to do spring cleans more often as out of way areas quite dirty. Beds real comfy, room 25 that we stayed in was nice and roomy but kitchen small and poor cook facilities for a family room at $159 p.n. Great view of park this room but noisy traffic closeby.
Owner delivered us new fridge on a Sunday within an hour as old one faulty.....most impressed we were. Good eateries/pub within walking distance and nearby 15 minute walk for blow dry bar was value for money at $40 a wash/style.......friendly staff too. We would stay here again for sure.....
mainly due to price,comfy bed and friendly staff. 8 acre park over road a big bonus also, we loved our morning exercise there. Taxi driver from Taxiscombined driver no T5656 named Pouidur Rahman a legend for returning my valuables accidentally left in his cab.....honesty is not dead in my books. Daughter in law also got back personal affects left in their room. Light breaky value for $7 a head.....well done North Shore hotel, 310 Miller
Street, North Sydney. Keep up pretty good job, but clean room out of way spots more often.

Honorine. (Bribie Island). & Tezza. Qld.

• Stayed November 2013
Sydney
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed had construction next door. Rooms next door you can hear conversations. The smell was revolting I started to get bad headaches. I couldn't live there.main road heavy traffic comes with heavy notice The lady at reception was nice. But still damage was done. Good luck.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Damien V

Travelers are raving about these North Sydney hotels

Adelaide
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed at North Shore Hotel for 4 nights, the staff were excellent, room was comfy, shower lovely and hot. Towels were changed everyday, and the dishes were even done for us. Close to the city and public transport. I would definitely stay here next time we are in Sydney.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quiet as there is no traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and the only plus was the location. I was quite disappointed with the quality of the room as we booked a deluxe room and what we stayed in looked nothing like the deluxe rooms on the hotel's web page. The room was very narrow and small. There were no top sheets on the beds and what appeared to be dried blood on the doona cover on the single bed. There was limited parking in the lane at the rear of the hotel and limited secured car parking half a block away which required reserving. The bathroom had no ventilation and was mouldy. We asked for the room to be made up the second day of our stay and what we come back to looked as if my 7 year old could have done a better job. If I was travelling by myself I probably wouldn't have minded the lack of quality of the hotel, but as my son was with us I was not overly impressed. I wouldn't recommend families stay at this hotel, it would be more suited to single travellers on a budget.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I had a good experience when staying here. It was close to everything we needed for our short stay in North Sydney. We stayed over a weekend so parked for free out the back. Our room was quite small but it was clean & the bed comfy. We only needed the hotel to sleep in& didnt spend much time here during the day so it served us well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were booked into this hotel as part of a group booking visiting Australia for the Lions Rugby tour. We arrived at nearly midnight for the first of 7 nights.

We had read some poor reviews but were prepared to give it the benefit of the doubt. On entering our room on the ground floor the smell of damp and mustiness was overpowering. The room was tiny - nothing like the official photographs. The shower was tatty, the window opened on to a brick wall and the window slats were filthy. WHile the room had all the amenities in the form of kettle, fridge etc it was tatty, tiny, smelly and generally not somewhere you wanted to stay. The room was so narrow I was worried if I got out of bed in the night I would probably knock myself out on the wall that jutted out barely leaving enough space to pass through. In the morning we found a large tub of 'Damp Rid' behind the fridge so this was obviously not a one off situation.

We spent the next day finding alternative accommodation at additional cost to ourselves as we were not prepared to spend another night in a damp room that smelt horrendous with the sheets on the bed feeling damp to the touch.

On the bus back to the hotel to check out when we asked for the nearest stop to North Shore hotel he said 'Oh the hostel' and that sums up the standard of this place. If you want a hotel book somewhere else.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends