“Great comfortable hotel, Staff are every helpful, Recommended!”
Review of North Shore Hotel

North Shore Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 North Sydney B&B and Inns
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Great comfortable hotel, Staff are every helpful, Recommended!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a comfortable stay in the deluxe room, it was spacious and very clean. Large room as well! The staff were super helpful with everything. Although it is quite far from the train station, there is a bus stop right opposite the hotel. I do recommend this hotel to people who are willing to stay around north sydney or for business purpose cuz it might be not so convenient for travellers wanting to explore the city cz that area theres not a lot of shops around.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Ive unfortunately had a few experiences with this place. Warning everyone who is considering it to stay away. Worst service, smelly rooms, mouldy showers, dirty kettles, they dont even give you top sheets. Not worth it even for the price. On my first stay I overheard a conversation between the hotel owner's wife and a housekeeper/staff. They honestly seem to only care about money and mistreat people to get what they want. DO NOT STAY HERE !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Catherine C

Travelers are raving about these North Sydney hotels

Germany
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I used to stay here on business nearly every month for over 1.5 years. The business rooms at the back of the hotel were quiet. The decor is ageing but always found it clean though the bathrooms were in need of renovation work at that time. The staff were always friendly but the front desk is not 24 hrs. There is an extraordinarily good vegetarian restaurant just around the corner for a cheap and healthy eat. There is not much in the way of attractions in this area and is about 15 minute walk from North Sydney environs.

Room Tip: Rooms in main building can be noisy due to the floor boards; ask for the business rooms at back of h...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Because of the damp/musty smell of the place,before we even checked in we tried to cancel our booking and forfeit our deposit but were told we would still be charged for the night regardless. We asked to see the room first and were led up a very steep staircase. We said our elderly mother would not be able to navigate the stairs and were berated for not asking for a room on the bottom level. I can't even imagine my able bodied self carrying the luggage up and down the stairs. To their credit they did give us a room on the lower level. They called it a deluxe suite (lol). The bathroom was very small. The room itself was fairly clean but the musty/damp smell was overpowering. We sprayed perfume around to try and mask it. Two of the beds were ok to sleep on but one must have had a very old mattress on it as it felt like sleeping on cotton wool. When we booked the room we also paid for the $7 continental breakfast. I was about to put bread into the toaster when i noticed it was mouldy!!!
We went to reception and asked for a refund on the breakfast but they said they had to speak to a manager to do this. They said they would call us. We are still waiting. We checked out..

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I booked for 3 days and stayed for 3hrs. This should not be called a hotel, it is more like a hostel (although I have stayed in many nicer hostels). The room was tiny and dark. The picture on there website shows the front of the nice old style building but most of the rooms are out back in an old concrete block.

I was given the opportunity to change rooms and looked at the 4 empty ones they offered which were all the same so I don't think I just had a bad room. The bathrooms were old and had the longer term dirt and fungus stains you get after 20yrs. It had been cleaned but was still not very pleasant.

It's also over priced for what is offered. I would suggest using it if you wanted something cheap, but it's expensive and for a little more you can have a nice 4 star hotel int he area, or the same price you can find nice bed and breakfasts around the area (which is what I moved to).

So as the title says, I would suggest not staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank axe50
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is possibly the worst hotel I have ever stayed at,
Arrival No one at reception - Arrived late Blamed bus.
My room is joined to another, so i can here everything going on, TV very Loud,you can here everything an I mean everything
Parking that a Joke - Although better than the road.
The scene from the On line advert portrays a scene across the Harbour, me I can see a wall.
Chipped and broken everything - needs a bit of work
Clean though. Sadly drains smell
Dont believe what is supposed to be in the room
Wifi Not - Its a local community group at an extra cost.
My advice stay here only if its the last place available, otherwise pay a bit more and get a decent nights sleep

Room Tip: Dont use another Hotel - this is a Bed a Breakfast at most
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Curlewis, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here last week - was looking for something close to rail, easy to drive to as Im not a city driver and had parking. This fitted all those PLUS staff were very helpful and friendly and it was a nice little place. Quiet, though a bit cosy and rooms were a tad claustrophobic. Good position in North Sydney for the price

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards back as it is a busy road out the front
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business