McLaren Hotel
Hotel Urban St Leonards(St Leonards)(Great Value!)
$125
$105
  • Room Service
North Sydney Harbourview Hotel(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
$141
$114
  • Room Service
Vibe Hotel North Sydney(North Sydney)
$103
$93
  • Pool
Rydges North Sydney(North Sydney)
$110
$107
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Harbourside Apartments(McMahons Point)(Great Value!)
$137
$123
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
The Greenwich Inn Motel(St Leonards)(Great Value!)
$104
$82
  • Breakfast included
Meriton Suites North Sydney(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
$87
Trip.com
$164
  • Restaurant
All reviewscontinental breakfastquiet streetcomplimentary portsmall hotelboutique hotelsitting roomroom was largethe ground floorminute walkhome away from homefree car parkinggood sizevisited sydneyguest houseon site parkingcomfortable bednight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed here for one night as I was getting the laser eye surgery done at AIES which is practically next door. The Mclaren also have special rates for people visiting AIES.

We booked a ground floor courtyard room which was very comfortable and great value for money. Hubby thought the bed was a bit hard but I didn't mind and had a very restful nights sleep .... definitely not as hard as any beds in Beijing.

I've stayed at the nearby Rydges before and considering this was around $100 a night cheaper, the room was actually more pleasant. I always prefer boutique hotels that give you a feel for the city you are in rather than the "cookie cutter" modern style hotels anyway.

If you are going to be in the room during the day, just be aware that it is right next door to a school so the lunchtime noise can be a bit much. Fine at any other time though.

We didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that but all staff members that we met were professional, knowledgeable and friendly.

I can definitely see why this place is so popular and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the McLaren.

I am now trying to talk my partner into the eye surgery so we can have an excuse to book the Tara Suite. Pretty sure you would have to book in early to get this room though.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KittyPossum
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We came for a 3 night stay to enjoy a city break to Sydney. Our first impression of the hotel was very good, we were late arriving due to flight times so we were the last to check in for the night and they knew our name at the door! They helped with bags from the taxi to room. Very friendly staff. Clean and comfortable rooms with very large double bed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank fabriccemilli
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed here with my mother-in-law and her sister back in March when my partner was in the nearby Mater hospital for a few days. Very convenient location for the hospital and given how close this is to North Sydney and Sydney CBD the hotel was good value for money. Rooms were large and I loved the heritage feel of the building. More a homely B&B than a 5 star hotel, but that is what I like. Owen at reception was very friendly. I found the breakfast perfect and good value for money - no way you could get the same in local cafes for $7. Would definitely come back here to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is a very nice hotel in a building whose architecture Europeans may not be able to appreciate hence the rather interesting mix of reviews. In fact it is a fine building and a well managed hotel. The staff were very efficient and friendly, the rooms were well maintained and extremely clean and its position is very convenient. This was my first visit and I will certainly now return on a regular basis.

Room Tip: I stayed in a deluxe room which was nice and large.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Derek B
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff make this hotel a pleasure to stay at. Continental breakfast is good, but it would be nice if it was part of the current room fee. Children eat free though, so that helps take the hurt out.
Will definitely stay again