We stayed in Rydges north sydney for 1 night last week. and was not impressed. The rooms are old. very old and tired and desperately need a refurb. A couple of flat screen tv's don't disguise the fact the bathrooms are straight out of 1985. however that is acceptable I suppose. The main problem was that the AC worked for a while then turned into an awful racket. this occurred late at night so we didn't bother contacting the staff. Also the bed/pillows were about as old as the room. (see my photos). They say they are refurbishing the place and it looks like the've done the dining room and bar, which were nice. we even had an excellent tapas meal. but overall this needs some serious attention. Plus it really annoys me when they charge 1.5% to use a visa or mastercard. I can understand for amex, but for visa is just plain gouging. They did offer us to pay cash!!! for no fee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges North Sydney is perfectly situated for the discerning traveller, within close walking distance to the North Sydney business district and only a short journey over the iconic Harbour Bridge into Sydney’s CBD. Completed in March 2011 a $2 Million accommodation upgrade included all corridors, completely refurbished bedrooms including carpet, curtains, cabinets, loose furnishings and freshly painted room. Dine in your room or MUNDO Grill and Bar offering an eclectic and exciting menu open 7 days. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges North Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges North Sydney Hotel North Sydney
- Rydges North Hotel Sydney
- Sydney Rydges North Hotel