When I first stepped inside the hotel, I already started to doubt the stay would be good. Checking in was a breeze with the Priority Guest web check-in service. Reception was friendly and things started looking better. I was given my Taronga Zoo tickets in an envelope which I felt excited about. We parked the car in the underground parking - there was only one spot left luckily for us!
When I stepped into the room I saw that the chocolate dipped strawberries were on the table - phew I thought, luckily that was done otherwise I'd have to ruin the surprise for my partner and call reception ):
The hotel I admit is a little bit dated. Our room was a little dusty. When I grabbed the kettle to boil water for tea I realised there was still water in it, had to wash the kettle because I didn't feel like calling reception for another one.
We decided to call reception to ask for a list of nearby restaurants, they had someone bring it up to us. At the end of it we thought we'd just order room service. Unfortunately being a vegan, I was unable to have a hearty meal so I ordered the steamed edamame beans to snack on. They were pretty gross ): I'd never had edamame beans before so I don't know how theyre supposed to taste but they were furry and hard. My partner on the other hand had a burger and he absolutely loved it.
I had the best sleep in a hotel I've ever had in my life. The bed was so amazing I am planning to buy one. I knocked out so hard and fast when I jumped into bed I didn't want to wake up when the alarm went off for breakfast.
Breakfast was another drag - had to have cereal & soymilk with bread & peanut butter (being a vegan). My partner seemed to like the breakfast buffet though he thinks there should be more options! I was extremely pleased with the free Wi-Fi on ground floor, it was pretty fast internet.
I was extremely impressed with reception staff after they offered us Umbrellas (they gave us a massive one each) because it was raining that day and we went to the zoo anyway. They supplied us with maps on how to drive there and gave us verbal directions for reassurance.
I didn't want to go home at the end of my stay ): I had a great experience although some of the above might sound negative, it is far from it, I just wanted to be as detailed as possible. I loved the friendliness of the staff (all types of staff, reception, restaurant, room service, house keeping, mini bar) and how they try to go out of their way to help, I loved the "homely" feel and I loved being able to sleep in a strange place due to the best best best bed I've ever slept in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges North Sydney is perfectly situated for the discerning traveller, within close walking distance to the North Sydney business district and only a short journey over the iconic Harbour Bridge into Sydney’s CBD. Completed in March 2011 a $2 Million accommodation upgrade included all corridors, completely refurbished bedrooms including carpet, curtains, cabinets, loose furnishings and freshly painted room. Dine in your room or MUNDO Grill and Bar offering an eclectic and exciting menu open 7 days. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges North Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges North Sydney Hotel North Sydney
- Rydges North Hotel Sydney
- Sydney Rydges North Hotel