Usually I like a bit more glam but this hotel has a tired, old charm all it's own that starts with a Q for quiet.
The 1 bedroom apartment (Room 711) is spacious - great size living room even with the Queen size sofa bed fully set-up. Bedroom is good and the mattress comfy. The bathroom could use an updating but at least it was clean.
Views aren't bad and if you work in North Sydney the location is superb. For some unknown reason I actually liked the bar area - probably because it was a mix of family and business people all in one and they had a large paella cooking when I arrived (the bar has a Spanish flavour).
I was surprised that I liked it but then again my office is only a short distance away so convenience wins out in this case.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges North Sydney is perfectly situated for the discerning traveller, within close walking distance to the North Sydney business district and only a short journey over the iconic Harbour Bridge into Sydney’s CBD. Completed in March 2011 a $2 Million accommodation upgrade included all corridors, completely refurbished bedrooms including carpet, curtains, cabinets, loose furnishings and freshly painted room. Dine in your room or MUNDO Grill and Bar offering an eclectic and exciting menu open 7 days. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Rydges North Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges North Sydney Hotel North Sydney
- Rydges North Hotel Sydney
- Sydney Rydges North Hotel