Rydges North Sydney is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. To begin with, the hallways and room have terrible lighting, are dingy, marked up and worn. My room itself was clean but the bed was lumpy and the sheets were itchy. The bathroom towels were like sandpaper. The bathroom itself was horrible. There were large rust spots/holes in the tub, there was no mat for the tub and all of the fixtures were old and in need of updating.
Next up: service. Basically: none. On the first morning of my 7 days that I had to stay here for business I went to the restaurant. I was not feeling well so I just wanted some toast and tea. I was not asked if I wanted to sit down and was rudely told by the guy working there that I would be charged $10.00 for the tea and toast. No one offered to show me to a table and when I did find one, the seats were worn and stained. I helped myself to the tea and toast. They never came to have me sign anything and when I left, the same jerk told me that he already charged my room. Needless to say, I did not step foot in this place ever again during my stay.
Now let's talk about their mini-bar "service". On the second or third day, I had a knock at my door. When I asked who was there, this kid mumbled something about "bar check". Before I could get to the door, he opened the door and just barged in! Fortunately, I was dressed but in all my years of travel I have never seen anything like this. Evidently he wanted to check the mini bar. From then on, I made sure the dead-bolt lock was on the door whenever I was in the room. He did not even apologize for the rude behavior!
Internet: they charge for pathetically slow and choppy wireless. If you are going to charge for this service, you should provide excellent speed and reliable service.
If I have ever have the opportunity to come to Sydney again for work, I am going to stay in the City and cab each day to the office even if I have to pay for the cabs myself.
I hope Marriott buys it someday, tears it down, hires all new staff and rebuilds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges North Sydney is perfectly situated for the discerning traveller, within close walking distance to the North Sydney business district and only a short journey over the iconic Harbour Bridge into Sydney’s CBD. Completed in March 2011 a $2 Million accommodation upgrade included all corridors, completely refurbished bedrooms including carpet, curtains, cabinets, loose furnishings and freshly painted room. Dine in your room or MUNDO Grill and Bar offering an eclectic and exciting menu open 7 days. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges North Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges North Sydney Hotel North Sydney
- Rydges North Hotel Sydney
- Sydney Rydges North Hotel