“Nice Hotel for Work”

Rydges North Sydney
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in North Sydney
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed here a couple of times in the last six months for work and found it a perfectly nice hotel in a nice part of town. The rooms are nicely furnished, and are quite quiet. The bathrooms are bit dated with showers over the bath - they work perfectly well and are nice and clean, but for the price it's just a bit old school for me.

I ate breakfast in the restaurant downstairs on my first stay and it was very nice (apart from a guy pinching my seat/table while I was at the buffet. Good buffet, lots of variety etc.. not a whole lot of seating and it does get busy, so keep that in mind. The second time I stayed I had breakfast in my room, and this to my mind was far preferable as it was much more relaxed. The food was quite good both times.

If you are doing business in the area, I'd recommend this very comfortable and professional hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Katie D, Front Office Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Hi EvilTrav,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at Rydges North Sydney.

Breakfast for those early risers sometimes can get a little busy in the morning but I am glad to hear you got a seat the next day.

We love hearing good feedback especially from our guests who are travelling away from home for work.

We hope you return to see us again shortly and get to experience another delicious breakfast.

Regards, Katie Dewar
Front Office Manager
02 9922 1311
katie_dewar@rydges.com

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great impression as you walk into the room, Room was fresh, bright and clean.

Walked in to the bathroom, Poor thing was tired, very clean, everything works but needs a refresh.

The Elevators were playing up for the whole weekend, I suggest either walking down the stairs or taking the goods lift, it works better & quicker than the other 2.

Breakfast was a real delight, plenty to chose from.

Be careful when paying the bill, nobody advised me about the 3.5% surcharge for Amex at checkin, so at checkout I paid by Mastercard with a 1.5% surcharge.

The staff were friendly and always smiling, the foyer is always clean & tidy

We will stay here again

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Katie D, Front Office Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

I was pleased to hear your enjoyed our soft refurbishment we undertook to revamp our rooms and we hope that moving forward our bathrooms will be the next step in finalising our refurbishments. As you can imagine these things take time but we will get there.

I do apologise about the lifts this is something that our chief engineer and I are working to fix and hopefully it will not be an issue next time you stay.

I am pleased to hear though that Breakfast was great and that the staff were friendly during your stay. In regards to the surcharge unfortunately bank fees are applied now to all credit cards, we do outline this on the registration card on check-in below where you sign however it is something we need to reiterate to all guests.

I do appreciate the time you have taken in letting us know your feedback and hope that you will continue to return to North Sydney

Thanks again. Katie

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was staying over there with a friend for a weekend recently to go visit the Australian Museum. After seeing a special they had with Taronga zoo we decided to stay here. We didn't have a good start with our sofa bed being broken but the house staff replaced it immedietly on request. Our room also had a loud fan in it that we couldn't shut off.

The sleep itself was good, they have great beds and the morning breakfast was worth waking up up for! It was also a good base, within easy walk of a train station that took us wherever we wanted to go.

The rooms are quite old and the place could do with a make over but over all it was a decent stay. The staff are friendly, and the restaurant/bar is nice although service is sometimes slow

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for providing us with your feedback about your stay.

We apologize for the inconvenience we caused you with regards to the sofa bed but pleased to hear the housekeeping team were able to resolve this quickly.

Great to hear you enjoyed breakfast in Mundo and that you found us to be in prime location too. We are very lucky to be so close to everything.

Thank you again you taking the time to let us know about the room quality and staff during your stay and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Convenient and value for money, in my opinion, for the business traveller who wants central location and not to concerned about the decor/ambience. Very professional, friendly and efficient service from the young staff at front desk - yes they are young but they are enthusiastic, attentive and diligent so cut them some slack and help them to help you. You may be pleasantly surpised like me.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eddicat

Thank you for your review on Rydges North Sydney

We are so pleased to hear that you found the Front office team professional and efficient.

In an industry where at times it can be busy, overwhelming and challenging it is comforting for our team to hear their enthusiasm and passion is still there.

We hope you will return again soon.

Thanks again

Reviewed April 9, 2013

One bedroom suite, harbour view. Brilliant view of the harbour, spacious suite and a reasonably modern fit out. Would stay again & reasonably priced. Well located across from the North Sydney park. Cafes around the corner.

Room Tip: One bedroom suite, harbour view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dan1255

Great to hear you enjoyed an amazing view of Sydney Harbour. We are so lucky to be in prime location to the park, train station and lots of delicious cafes that make your stay that little more special.

We hope you will be back again to enjoy another great view.

Thanks

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was in Sydney for a couple of days' meetings and then most of the weekend before flying home. I needed to be based in North Sydney for my meetings and the agency came up with Rydges.

I had no experience of the chain, but the reviews looked pretty good and the website reassuring, so I told the agency to go ahead.

In reality the hotel was everything I needed - a comfortable place to stay in a tranquil wooded side street, but with easy walking access to public transport and good connection to highways to get north to Manley and south to the city centre.

Service - front desk and the restaurant - was pleasant and efficient. I'd happily recommend the Rydges to anyone needing a place to stay in North Sydney while in town on business.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Banker_on_the_Road
Katie D, Front Office Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Great to hear you enjoyed your time with us at North Sydney.

We love getting good feedback and appreciate the time you have taken in letting us know we fulfilled your expectorations.

Service in hotels is one of the most important factors in making sure our guests are taken care of. It was so great to see front desk and the restaurant were proactive and pleasant towards you and made you feel at home.

Regards

Reviewed April 2, 2013

we stayed in 2 bedroom suite on 11th floor room 1113 it is corner room with balcony, double bed in 1 room 2 singles in the other and 2 single sofa beds as we were 6 people. 4 star hotel was very clean views were awesome was pretty quite beds, did not not wifi included in rooms had to pay seperate but realatively inexpensive overall we were very happy with our stay had parking under hotel which was additional charge. would definately stay here again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for such a wonderful review on Rydges North Sydney

We were pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us in our two bedroom suite.
Next time you stay we do offer free wifi in public areas so if your happy to enjoy sometime in the restaurant or in a quite corner of the lobby you can use it to save the cost.

We hope you return again soon so you can enjoy another great view.