“Friendliest Staff Anywhere”

Rydges North Sydney
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in North Sydney
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have stayed at Rydges North Sydney overnight each week for the last two years. My experience at the hotel has always been exemplary with all the staff, from the front desk to the man who refreshes the mini-bar, smiling, helpful and always friendly. Any request I have made in the last two years has been responded to promptly and courteously. The hotel is located close to major tourist attractions in Sydney. Luna Park, Taronga Park Zoo, the Opera House and the CBD are all accessible by train, taxi, ferry or bus. There are lots of great cafes and restaurants within walking distance. I recommend the hotel without reservation and look forward to continuing my association with Rydges North Sydney.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you are looking for and the Rydges staff will do their best to help you out.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Katie D, Front Office Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Hi Andy,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review.

We work in an industry where we appreciate all types of feedback and to hear that we are doing it well makes the team want to keep providing the best possible service.

Whilst at times things go out of the teams hands we will always endeavour to step up and help where we can.

Look forward to seeing you more in Rydges North Sydney

Thanks, Katie

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed 2 nights on the 11th floor in a Harbourview room. The room was clean and had been recently renovated. The view out to the Habour was a nice touch (note that the view to the Harbour is to the north of the Harbour, so no Harbour bridge or Opera house views at this hotel). The only downside to this hotel was that the bathroom is still very dated. Despite their efforts at modernising the bathroom with new shower heads and taps, it still has shower curtains and an old bath tub.

The hotel does have onsite user pays parking, but we parked on the street. North Sydney has plenty of free on-street parking which is metered on week days but not weekends.

We found booking direct with the hotel online with the Rydge's priorityrewards membership was by far the cheapest rate. We paid only $264 for a 2 night stay there which I thought was a bargain!

I would recommend this hotel for those who wants to have access to a car while visiting Sydney (car parking fees in CBD hotels are astronomical), as it's less than 5km from the city itself. Lower North Shore also has plenty to offer in terms of restaurants, cafes and glorious views of the Sydney Harbour.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zigletta
Robert-Alam, Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Zigletta,

Thank you for taking the time to review Rydges North Sydney. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your room, especially the harbour views and the convenient location. Our bathrooms are dated and we are looking into renovations for them in the near future. Our Rydges Priority Guest Program does offer the cheapest rates online, it is free to join and members get many benefits, including 10% of standard rates, discounts on meals and internet and more!
I look forward to welcoming you back to Rydges North Sydney in the near future.

robert_alam@rydges.com

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed here for work reasons and cannot say it was a good or bad hotel. Service is passable, and the rooms are just what a hotel room should include, but there is nothing extra in this hotel. The food is okay, but slightly over priced, which is how I would classify the room rate. The bed is comfortable, and the rooms are medium sized. It is a good hotel if you are there for business in North Sydney as the location is ideal.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mark M,

Thank you for taking the time to review Rydges North Sydney. Our hotel is conveniently located to many of the offices in North Sydney.I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our Rydges Dream Beds and that you found your stay to be satisfactory. I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

robert_alam@rydges.com

Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here the first week of January 2013 for 3 nights. The hotel is very nice, easy check in, good size room, good facilities. The parking is the only difficult aspect. It's city parking, so spaces are tight and unfortunately people don't know how to park between lines.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank mikesky
Robert-Alam, Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Mikesky,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our rooms and facilities here at Rydges North Sydney. Our parking can be a little tight in busy periods; however we do have access to an extra floor of parking on the weekends which alleviates a lot of the pressure on days when more of guests have cars with them. I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here during a trip to sydney. The accommodation was quite adequate. It is centrally located in Sydney with good access to other areas. There was no free parking, but I found off peak free parking in surrounding streets. The buffet breakfast was a little expensive, so I just went to the nearby McDonalds.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Harvey W

Dear Harvey W,

Thank you for your kind remarks about Rydges North Sydney, we do enjoy quite a central location here in North Sydney, with great access to public transport which provides easy access to the city and North Shore. We do try and offer a competitive buffet breakfast rate of $25 per adult, which is even more affordable at $20 if it is included in the booking, or individual items can be ordered to the to the room or “to go”. I do hope you choose to stay with us again soon,

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have stayed at Rydges North Sydney a couple of times before, So here goes again, this time we stayed nights of 10 and 11 January, 2013.

Reception was fine and car parking was oke, although I still peeve at paying $17.50 per day for parking. One is paying top dollar for rooms here, although in the quiet business time of mid January, I got a Proritiy Club member rate for B&B.

ROOMS:: This time I asked for a lower floor park view room in an attempt to get some water pressure out of the shower, which is rare up on the 10th-11th floors where I stayed previously.

We got Room 210 on 2nd.floor, room was ok, beds comfortable there was no parkview, just looking out onto the rubbish strewn back yard of a derelict house on Walker St. The BATHROOM !, I thought all bathrooms would have been renovated by now, ours was not good, water pressure from shower, just acceptable, but not good. The grouting, tiles and bath were bad, dirty, mouldy, the whole bathroom needs ripping out. I got some of the 'brown water too, through the taps. TV ok, fridge ok, furniture/furnishings ok.

Restaurant: This is the highlight of Rydges - we ate both nights at Mundos and did breakfast there. The bar/wait staff, chefs and food were all excellent. Quality of food I could not fault. The breakfast has a very good range of food, including gluten free bread.

Checkout was fine. We are in priority club, but had to ask for the drink voucher, it was not offered. Also 20% discount is only offered on restaurant bills, not on bar bill as I found out, being charged $17 for a pre dinner house wine and a cider.

I come up to North Sydney a couple of times a year to see my son who has a travel business there and the hotel is convenient. Would I stay there again? If the hotel owners sort out this bathroom issue, renovations and water service!

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor room in an attempt to get some water pressure.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear LesMary,

Thank you for taking the time to review Rydges North Sydney,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed both the service and your meals in our restaurant and have passed your kind words onto the staff.
Our bathrooms are dated and we are looking in to having them refurbished, and we are currently reviewing new prototypes, this however does not excuse any short comings in housekeeping in the bathrooms, for which I do apologise, and have discussed this with our executive housekeeper.
I do hope that you choose to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to contact me when you are planning your next trip to North Sydney.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This big hotel gives a nice view of the city. It is a little walk to the trainstation to get to the city center, and this should not stop you from staying here. The staff at the reception is very friendly and helpfull, so are the cleaningladies. Breakfast to go is great!
The rooms are very big and clean. The bed was soft and new. The bathroom is spacious and has a shower and bathtube.
The location of this hotel became an amazing one on new years eve, when we could walk back to our hotel and others had to wait in a long line for the train.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert-Alam, Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear KirstenNL87,
Thank you for your kind words regarding Rydges North Sydney and our staff! I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed both your time in the hotel and our convenient location. Our beds are our very own Rydges dream beds and I have to agree with you they are comfortable. Breakfast has recently been revitalised and its great to know that the improvements have hit the mark. Hopefully we see you back soon.