“Very good place to stay”

Rydges North Sydney
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in North Sydney
“Very good place to stay”
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here the first week of January 2013 for 3 nights. The hotel is very nice, easy check in, good size room, good facilities. The parking is the only difficult aspect. It's city parking, so spaces are tight and unfortunately people don't know how to park between lines.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank mikesky
Robert-Alam, Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Mikesky,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our rooms and facilities here at Rydges North Sydney. Our parking can be a little tight in busy periods; however we do have access to an extra floor of parking on the weekends which alleviates a lot of the pressure on days when more of guests have cars with them. I hope to see you again soon.

+612 9922 1311

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here during a trip to sydney. The accommodation was quite adequate. It is centrally located in Sydney with good access to other areas. There was no free parking, but I found off peak free parking in surrounding streets. The buffet breakfast was a little expensive, so I just went to the nearby McDonalds.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Harvey W
Dear Harvey W,

Thank you for your kind remarks about Rydges North Sydney, we do enjoy quite a central location here in North Sydney, with great access to public transport which provides easy access to the city and North Shore. We do try and offer a competitive buffet breakfast rate of $25 per adult, which is even more affordable at $20 if it is included in the booking, or individual items can be ordered to the to the room or “to go”. I do hope you choose to stay with us again soon,

Batemans Bay, Australia
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have stayed at Rydges North Sydney a couple of times before, So here goes again, this time we stayed nights of 10 and 11 January, 2013.

Reception was fine and car parking was oke, although I still peeve at paying $17.50 per day for parking. One is paying top dollar for rooms here, although in the quiet business time of mid January, I got a Proritiy Club member rate for B&B.

ROOMS:: This time I asked for a lower floor park view room in an attempt to get some water pressure out of the shower, which is rare up on the 10th-11th floors where I stayed previously.

We got Room 210 on 2nd.floor, room was ok, beds comfortable there was no parkview, just looking out onto the rubbish strewn back yard of a derelict house on Walker St. The BATHROOM !, I thought all bathrooms would have been renovated by now, ours was not good, water pressure from shower, just acceptable, but not good. The grouting, tiles and bath were bad, dirty, mouldy, the whole bathroom needs ripping out. I got some of the 'brown water too, through the taps. TV ok, fridge ok, furniture/furnishings ok.

Restaurant: This is the highlight of Rydges - we ate both nights at Mundos and did breakfast there. The bar/wait staff, chefs and food were all excellent. Quality of food I could not fault. The breakfast has a very good range of food, including gluten free bread.

Checkout was fine. We are in priority club, but had to ask for the drink voucher, it was not offered. Also 20% discount is only offered on restaurant bills, not on bar bill as I found out, being charged $17 for a pre dinner house wine and a cider.

I come up to North Sydney a couple of times a year to see my son who has a travel business there and the hotel is convenient. Would I stay there again? If the hotel owners sort out this bathroom issue, renovations and water service!

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor room in an attempt to get some water pressure.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear LesMary,

Thank you for taking the time to review Rydges North Sydney,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed both the service and your meals in our restaurant and have passed your kind words onto the staff.
Our bathrooms are dated and we are looking in to having them refurbished, and we are currently reviewing new prototypes, this however does not excuse any short comings in housekeeping in the bathrooms, for which I do apologise, and have discussed this with our executive housekeeper.
I do hope that you choose to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to contact me when you are planning your next trip to North Sydney.

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This big hotel gives a nice view of the city. It is a little walk to the trainstation to get to the city center, and this should not stop you from staying here. The staff at the reception is very friendly and helpfull, so are the cleaningladies. Breakfast to go is great!
The rooms are very big and clean. The bed was soft and new. The bathroom is spacious and has a shower and bathtube.
The location of this hotel became an amazing one on new years eve, when we could walk back to our hotel and others had to wait in a long line for the train.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert-Alam, Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear KirstenNL87,
Thank you for your kind words regarding Rydges North Sydney and our staff! I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed both your time in the hotel and our convenient location. Our beds are our very own Rydges dream beds and I have to agree with you they are comfortable. Breakfast has recently been revitalised and its great to know that the improvements have hit the mark. Hopefully we see you back soon.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have booked a room with 2 bedrooms, but found that there is only one bathroom.
They were very nice to change for us to 2 rooms.
And all staffs were very nice and helpful.
I was impressed with their smile.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear BearWong,

Thank you for kind words regarding the staff here at Rydges North Sydney. We always make a point of discussing positive comments with the team. It is a great source of motivation for all. Hopefully we will see you return soon.

Auckland
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Recently stayed at Rydges North Sydney. We had a recently renovated room on the 12th floor. Nice views looking over west Sydney. The beds were the best beds I have ever slept in apart from them sliding part in the night (made up of two single kings) new furnishings were nice giving the appearance of a new hotel. Then you step into the bathroom. New vanity and lighting but no attention to tidying up where old fixtures had been. Holes in the tiles, leaky toilet dripping all night. The shower had so little water pressure and hot water temperature that I could only be in the shower for less than 30 seconds. And shower curtains- couldn't find something more discusting in a hotel growing mould etc. Put in a glass divider door!

This was my first time staying at a Rydges hotel as I usually stay at Rendezvous hotels. And after this expirence i would be inclined not to return to a Rydges hotel again unless i could be convinced otherwise!

Recommend you don't stay here!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear NZL_Carl,

Thank you for taking the time to review Rydges North Sydney. Thank you for your kind words regarding the rooms themselves, we have recently undergone renovations in all of our standard rooms, hallways and common areas of the hotel. I was disappointed to read that you wouldn’t recommend the hotel to anyone, and that you are inclined not to return. Our bathrooms are dated, and I do apologise for any discomfort and inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay with us. We have been working on a new design for our bathrooms which will be the next instalment of the hotel refurbishment. I do hope that you consider staying with us again, and if you would like to further discuss your stay with us please do not hesitate to contact me.

Travelers are raving about these North Sydney hotels

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Staying over New Year and because of this they have deducted the full 3 days out of my credit card already. PLUS car park and PLUS CREDIT CARD FEE........
They have a policy of charging the whole amount over New Year, BUT when I booked I wasn't told this, in fact the invoice I have says the Credit Card will not be charged till when checking out. When I phoned and told them my credit card was struggling with this amount that I wasn't expecting there was no sympathy in fact I was asked if I wanted to cancel my booking.....
Where else am I going to get accommodation for 3 nights for 4 adults now...
They will have to impress me when I get there tomorrow for me to change my mind on the this Hotel. Sorry, but this is how it is. :(

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear JanneLH,

Thank you for taking the time to review Rydges North Sydney.
I apologise for any misunderstanding caused by our New Years Eve payment policy. We certainly; should have made you aware of the payment policy and I have addressed this issue with the team. I hope that your stay with us and of course New Years Eve was up to expectation and we see you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Sydney
Harbourside Apartments
Harbourside Apartments
#1 of 1 in McMahons Point
Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection

Been to Rydges North Sydney? Share your experiences!