Rydges North Sydney
Hotel Urban St Leonards(St Leonards)(Great Value!)
$101
$81
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Vibe Hotel North Sydney(North Sydney)
$95
  • Pool
McLaren Hotel(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
$134
$124
  • Room Service
Meriton Suites North Sydney(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Pool
North Sydney Harbourview Hotel(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
$143
$89
  • Room Service
Harbourside Apartments(McMahons Point)(Great Value!)
$140
$121
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
The Greenwich Inn Motel(St Leonards)(Great Value!)
$84
$70
  • Breakfast included
$165
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree wifitaronga zoobit datedtwo bedroom suitecomfortable staybuffet breakfastbusiness districtbusiness hoteltrain stationluna parka harbour view roompublic transportharbour bridgesydneyovalroomycbd
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Staying over New Year and because of this they have deducted the full 3 days out of my credit card already. PLUS car park and PLUS CREDIT CARD FEE........
They have a policy of charging the whole amount over New Year, BUT when I booked I wasn't told this, in fact the invoice I have says the Credit Card will not be charged till when checking out. When I phoned and told them my credit card was struggling with this amount that I wasn't expecting there was no sympathy in fact I was asked if I wanted to cancel my booking.....
Where else am I going to get accommodation for 3 nights for 4 adults now...
They will have to impress me when I get there tomorrow for me to change my mind on the this Hotel. Sorry, but this is how it is. :(

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Robert-Alam, Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear JanneLH,

Thank you for taking the time to review Rydges North Sydney.
I apologise for any misunderstanding caused by our New Years Eve payment policy. We certainly; should have made you aware of the payment policy and I have addressed this issue with the team. I hope that your stay with us and of course New Years Eve was up to expectation and we see you back again soon.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Taronga Zoo package was ideal for my young family of 6. Buffet Breakfast was a great start to the day although you pay extra for hot chocolate. Parramatta Rydges buffet breakfast is better on the comparison scale. Our room was spacious - one bedroom suite (queen bed + 2 x double sofa beds) and it had a nice kitchenette to make baby bottles.

Again, must agree... The water in September 2012 is murky so the pipes must be really dirty if that problem is still occurring to date. I had the same problem running a bath for my kids. Water from the tap came out brown and I thought it might of been from the rust stains around the plug hole, but it was from the tap water. Was a real concern because I wasn't sure if the shower was clean enough to shower???

We also ordered a cheese platter but that was just glad wrapped and left on the kitchen counter, didn't seem inviting to touch.

The package also included complimentary parking which was great because we didn't have to do off street parking although its narrow getting in and out. And if you've left anything behind in the car, don't go alone at night.

Finally, I lost of camera whilst stay at Rydges, that wasn't the issue! While looking under the bed, I noticed rodent bait which was a real turn off as any place that has bait out only means there's an issue with pests at its location. As much as my kids voted Taronga Zoo their "favourite" family trip, I would most likely pay extra to stay at Habourview, or maybe not? Ideal for money if you're not fussed about cleanliness?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Ake A,

Thank you for your taking the time to review Rydges North Sydney.
I am pleased to hear that our Zoo package catered well to your family’s needs. Unfortunately our recent upgrades to the Hot Water system have hardly “gone to plan” and I am very sorry that we still have issues here. We have tested the water and although the colour is unpleasant we have been assured that it meets all health standards. We have a comprehensive pest control in place as with all quality hotels however, there should not have been any product in your room. We have addressed this with the contractor. I am sorry that we didn’t hit the mark with your recent stay. I hope that you will return and see the on-going improvements. If I can assist in anyway please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

currently staying at the hotel. well where do I start.
hairdryer not working
water from hot tap very brown apparently due to work done on pipes. we ran and ran the water and it only cleared up a little. still brown so showered instead of bathing. would have been appreciated if a note was left in room advising of the current problems.
bath is so worn that there is a large patch worn so badly that it's as rough as sand paper. my poor 19 month old sat down and hurt his bottom. totally understand it's expensive and time consuming to refurb but that bath is just unacceptable.
first trip in lift. could not access 5th floor and landed up on 12th floor with lift door opening and closing. staff outside on level 12 said oh it's not working. use the other one. mmm maybe a sign on door saying do not use!!!
I've had sign on door since 8am till 1pm asking for room to be made up and no one has pitched yet.
dirty toaster and kettle and cupboards are filthy where stored.
the cupboard where dustbin is so gross with brown splash marks yucky.

large lounge room area which is good with a small child. bedding clean and ok furniture.
good tv reception and picture
staff are friendly and helpful

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear natwin2711,

Thank you for your taking the time to review Rydges North Sydney.
I am disappointed to read about the problems you have experienced during your stay with us. I apologise for any inconvenience and discomfort caused during your stay. We have recently refurbished the guest rooms and common areas and bathrooms are certainly the next item on the agenda. Unfortunately the upgrades to our hot water system have not gone to plan. We are certainly concerned with this and have tested the water and found that whilst it is discoloured it does meet all health standards. We are pulling out all stops to fix this problem once and for alI. I do apologise for any short comings in housekeeping and I have shown your review to our executive housekeeper, who is dealing with the staff concerned.
Thank you for your positive remarks on our spacious rooms and ‘friendly and helpful staff’, customer service is very important to us and as such I hope you visit us again soon, so we can showcase our usual high standards in both service and housekeeping.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was booked here for work in North Sydney: If that's your reason to come here, it's a good choice. Otherwise, it's an average refurbished 60s or 70s hotel building (12 or 13 stories of ugly pebble mix exterior, but set in green gardens) which is a fair way out of central Sydney.
The lifts are slow, but the interior is renovated to a good standard. I was in a deluxe room with pleasant views of the North Sydney Oval - $179 a night. There are some harbour views on the other side.
Some good things: the front desk staff are very friendly and efficient, there is a taxi rank right at the end of the driveway, there are busses at the end of the street, it is a 7 minute stroll to North Sydney station, or if you want a more picturesque trip to the city (which is recommended), it is a 20 minute stroll down the hill in Blues Point Road to the McMahon's Point ferry wharf - Circular Quay one way or Balmain and Darling Harbour the other. This area of North Sydney also has quite a few nice cafés, restaurants, winebars and pubs.

Room Tip: Upper levels have some good outlooks.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Bluey99,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with Rydges North Sydney. I am pleased to read your comments on your impressions of our front desk staff, and that you found our location very convenient, we are quite spoilt in North Sydney with great restaurants and cafe’s as well as good access to public transport to the city and surrounds. I hope that you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

My family and I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights as we relocated from Sydney back to Canada; two nights in a one-bedroom and two nights in a two-bedroom suite.

First observation: the hotel staff are very, VERY attentive, courteous and professional. Every request was handled graciously, they were exceptionally accommodating and made sure our stay was a great one.

The hotel itself is clean, but as many reviewers have commented, a bit dated. The manager has explained in another post that the standard rooms have been refurbished; if the suites are next in line it will be not a moment too soon. BUT - despite the slightly worn look of the furnishings, everything worked, the beds (even the pull-outs in the 1-bedder) were comfortable, the sheets clean, the towels fresh. Both of the suites were VERY large - the 2 bedroom suite could have easily accommodated twice the furniture that was in it.

I ordered from the 'On the Run' breakfast menu in the restaurant a couple of times, and got good value for money, hotel-restaurant-speaking. My wife and I also shared a nightcap at the bar (MUNDO Latin Grill and Tapas Bar), which we found a tad overpriced. Perhaps it was the two underwhelming mixed cocktails we had at $16 each - the rest was actually quite good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
RydgesNS, General Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

I was really pleased that you and your family had such a wonderful stay with us you can get a really accurate feel for a Hotel after 4 days.

The staff I have shared your comments with were really quite thrilled to read the kind remarks, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.

The suites are certainly very spacious and great for families; we’re doing work in them on an ongoing basis so hopefully we can improve that area of the Hotel as well as the Cocktail training.

“Breakfast To Go” was revamped a few months back as a value alternative for those of us that aren’t up for the full Buffet extravaganza.

Thanks again I hope we see you in North Sydney if and when you make a trip back from Canada.

Sincerely