This was our second stay at Rydges North Sydney. The hotel is one of the older ones in the group and shows its age. Staff works hard to please the guests but the wear and tear does not help them. One morning there was no hot water: "air bubbles getting in the way" was the explanation..... Our level button in the lift (10) did not light up after pushing and after we got from the ground floor to level 2 we went back to G... Only after repeated pushing the button responded.... Wired (ethernet) internet did not work in our room so we could not use the router we normally use in all other Rydges hotels to connect our laptop, phones and iPad. Wireless internet though was OK although not really fast.
The balcony of our suite shows its age and if we were easlily scared we wouldn't dare to stand on it because of the cracks in the concrete. We could get on it, but the door didn't open all the way....
Enough about the wear and tear. Apart from our room only being made up after three pm (without replenishing the supplies, like tea and sugar) staff is very friendly, helpful. The lobby and restaurant are nicely decorated, the bar is cosy and the Mundo restaurant serves excellent meals with prompt and friendly service.
The location is ideal for a visit to the CBD: public transport around the corner with many buses taking you right into the centre of Sydney and back.
Hopefully they'll do the hotel up a bit as we certainly intend to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges North Sydney is perfectly situated for the discerning traveller, within close walking distance to the North Sydney business district and only a short journey over the iconic Harbour Bridge into Sydney’s CBD. Completed in March 2011 a $2 Million accommodation upgrade included all corridors, completely refurbished bedrooms including carpet, curtains, cabinets, loose furnishings and freshly painted room. Dine in your room or MUNDO Grill and Bar offering an eclectic and exciting menu open 7 days. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rydges North Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges North Sydney Hotel North Sydney
- Rydges North Hotel Sydney
- Sydney Rydges North Hotel