“Great value and great service”

Rydges North Sydney
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in North Sydney
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed in many Sydney hotels, my first time here. We had a room on Level 9 it was a Harbor view room and purpose for staying we attended wedding reception on level 1

Staff friendly, room excellent - clean , tidy, wanted to take bed home with me so comfy, our balcony had a great view and a modern, clean spacious bathroom.

Cant complain, great stay,had excellent breakfast in bed. We would recommend for functions and a romantic weekend for two. Bar in lobby had a great selection. Room also had mini bar (didn't need it) Overall 9/10

Room Tip: Level 9 harbour view is modern and great views. I was also visited a suite on level 12 although spac...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tha K
RydgesNS, General Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

It appears the Wedding went well and the Bar staff were doing good things in the Lobby, thanks for the review.

We really like to be clear on what we are and what we are not, so it was really helpful of you to post a photo of the bathroom. There is a lot of comment on our bathrooms and guest photos help to clarify exactly what they are like, it’s a really good thing about Tripadvisor.

Thanks again, come back soon.

There are newer reviews for Rydges North Sydney

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed at Rydges Nth Sydney for the weekend to attend a wedding. Hotel was great..Breakfasts were awesome. Nice location nad very good clean and rufurbished rooms. NIce for morning run over the harbour bridge and central for transport

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

After a morning run across the Harbour Bridge a great breakfast is just what you need!

I walked across the Bridge with the family recently; it’s easy to forget what a great experience that is and not that far from here at all.

Thanks for coming back again, hope we see you again next year.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

A partial refurbishment has helped the tired hotel but the bathrooms are ordinary and often dirty. Mould on tiles and chipped sinks and baths. The beds are comfortable. Air conditioning often doesn't work. We go back because it is convenient for us and the rewards program gives a free night now and again and discounts off food and beverage.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Hibiscus34

Thanks for coming back so regularly, as you note we’ve refurbished 122 bedrooms and need to do the bathrooms which we’ll get to soon. We’re doing some minor work in Suites (painting, lights, cushions) so they are starting to look much fresher.

That does not excuse poor maintenance or cleaning. Of course all rooms are serviced daily if there are ever any “shortcuts” taken please let us know at the time and we’ll sort it out there & then.

We appreciate your patience and interest and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We recently stayed here to attend a wedding in the city. The property is easy to get to (it was a weekend) even though we are not too familiar with the area. We arrived a little earlier than anticpated and were able to check in early. The rooms was super clean, with nice fresh decor. We were lucky enough to get a room with a view of the harbour which was great. The bathroom was a bit old and daggy compared to the bedroom area and is in need of a big makeover. The reception staff were helpful giving us tips on the easiest way to the venue. The breakfast the next day was a excellent - a nice range of fruit, yoghurt, juices, bread, pastries and the usual hot breaky delights. We will definitely be back, it was a nice find.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

It’s always great to welcome happy Queenslanders to Sydney 

Thanks for the positive feedback, personally I really enjoy the North Shore so easy to get in & out of with plenty to do and great transport options.

I agree with your comments on bathrooms, we’re in the planning stage to address this and hope to announce something in the near future.

Thanks again, please visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was on a trip with my family recently on 29 September and we stayed here for two nights. I booked a Bedroom Harbourview Suite and a Queen Harbourview Room (I had 7 people travelling with me) and I stayed in the bedroom harbourview suite. When I booked this place, the receptionist helpfully placed us on one of the top floors with a view of the harbour. As the hotel was blocked by another building, you could only see views of the eastern part of Sydney (so this does not include the Sydney opera house and harbour bridge) but it was pretty nonetheless. This room has a pretty good kitchen area with ground coffee provided (I've never been to a hotel that provides ground coffee!).

When I went over to the other room (3 people were sleeping in there), I felt that three people in that room was a little too crowded, but for the price one could not complain.

We took the train into the city and the walk to the train station isn't difficult to figure out (takes 12 minutes according to google maps, and walking to the hotel from the station is a slight uphill slope). There is a bus stop too, but I don't think they are very frequent during weekends.

Overall I have to say that this was a good stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

I’m really pleased the Hotel was well located and suited your needs, the Suites are quite roomy, many with great views and we have a lot of them .......46 actually!

Thanks again, I hope you have a chance to visit us again.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The room we stayed in cost over $400 per night, it was 2 bedroom, one toilet, no exhaust fan- yuk, old and saggy, bathrooms need total makeover. Mugs and plates dirty, fridge old and crusty. Very disappointing for a Rydges, it felt like I was back in the 60's and it wasn't charming.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Jojojetty
RydgesNS, General Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

I was disappointed to read your adverse opinion and hope you will accept my sincere apologies for the cleaning and maintenance lapses on our part, I am following up with the Manager’s concerned.

If you are contemplating a return please email me directly, I am sure we can make amends.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

checking in was a breeze, room was really good for the first night until a family stayed in the room next to me, could hear them laughing, radio or tv that they had blaring - so the walls are pretty thin. room service is really efficient, when they tell you half an hour they mean exactly that. got room service only for dinner and dessert. breakfast i had downstairs which is really nicely set up and plenty of it. absolutely loved the passionfruit yoghurt. all the staff are polite and very friendly would definitely stay again. loved how convenient it is to the train station. just be warned that if you travel on a don't expect all the shops to be open.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed Room Service and breakfast in the Restaurant. We're focused and trying hard to provide our guests with fresh, appetising and well presented food.

It was also pleasing that your encounters with staff were pleasant, I hope to welcome you back in the near future.