“Love North Sydney”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in North Sydney
Kempsey
“Love North Sydney”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was my second visit to North Sydney Rydges... and both times I have enjoyed my stay. It is quiet, private, friendly and generally pleasant. I say "generally" simply as the bathrooms (as I have read about by others too) are not great... they were clean, but they are old. Also on this stay I ran a small bath and the water was decidedly brown. My other minor complaint is, that despite being a Priority Member I wasnt informed of the discounts and services I was entitled to... I understand I perhaps should have read more about it - but I would have been really pleased if someone had informed me of the discount off drinks and dinner and the free drink on arrival (?) Other than that - I really enjoy the service, location and facilities.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
RydgesNS, General Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thanks for coming back, we appreciate it!

Your comments regarding bathrooms are quite fair, they are old but we do our best to keep them clean. Hopefully I can announce something soon in that regard.

The rusty water is a recent problem we’ve encountered, very frustrating as it’s due to some plumbing work on the 13th floor to resolve a long running issue with water pressure. It affects the Hot Water only (so drink the cold) we’re doggedly working to sort it out, it’s better than it was but still not quite right.

Thanks again for the kind remarks, I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

jon_ackary@rydges.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We have stayed at rydges north Sydney many many times over many years, just back from another stay there. It is great value for what you get. Clean & comfortable with the wonderful dream beds. Yes the bathrooms could do with an update but they are fine. Suites are great for families. Breakfast buffet is excellent, i always look forward to the bircher muesli, our kids often ask when we can go back! Very quiet location, easy to drive to from the north for us. Secure parking and an easy walk to the train station or quick taxi home from the city at night. Some lovely cafes nearby as well. Rydges is always our choice of accomodation in Sydney and we will be back before long!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind remarks, feedback especially pleasing as you’ve stayed many times!

Beds, Breakfast, Location and easy parking; all so important and great to see we’re hitting the mark in all those areas.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Last time I stayed here was 10 years ago and unfortunatey it has not changed since. The location I found very appealing and found some very nice places to eat near by. Breakfast was very good but bar service was poor.

• Stayed September 2012
RydgesNS, General Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
That’s disappointing....

We’ve refurbished the Restaurant, Bar and 122 Bedrooms (still 45 Suites to go) in the last 2years. Let me know if you’re coming back and I’ll make sure you get a great room.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Alena the Night Manager, and Robert the Front Desk Manager have made my many stays at Rydges really good experiences.

You can sleep anywhere, but being welcome makes the difference. Any inconveniences or problems are fixed -- no fuss

Room Tip: choose a room on the garden side
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Denis

Thanks for the kind words regarding Alena and Robert – they are certainly an asset to the Hotel and the recognition for them is well deserved.
I’m sure we’ll see you again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed there for 4 nights and first impressions were great however as my time wore on there were a number of little things that just let it down. I say this on merit as it is rated 4 star... First off, traveling as much as I do for work, I try not to overindulge with desserts (room service) so I try to have fruit - there was no healthy eating option. Whilst I was there I had three rounds of room service meals, each and everyone had something wrong starting with cold meal, the next night the wrong sauce and on the last night no sauce. Umm. Okay, the room itself is nicely appointed but you can't turn off the air conditioning so after spending both day and night in air conditioned offices I was going through bottled water at quite a rate. I had to order bottles in as they didn't stock up the mini bar at all??? Also the mini bar items were caked in dust... The final night I was exhuasted so I decided to have a bath until I realised when the bath was half full that the water looked like green tea so either the boiler was on its way out or it will be replaced by the time you read this... Again all little things but the add up...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank BG_1980
Thanks for the suggestion; we’ve added a fruit dessert to the Room service menu.
The discoloured hot water is concerning, recently 2 large holding tanks were returned to service that have caused the problem. They were emptied and scrubbed out earlier this week, hopefully we’re on the right track.
Happy to run through operating the Air-Con with you, it does turn off not sure why it wouldn’t in this case? Please accept my sincere apologies for the service lapses; I hope you visit us again soon.
sydney
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Comfortable hotel, very friendly staff. Stayed in two bedroom appartment, although roomy, it is in need of refurbishing. Some of the furniture was dated,bathroom needs updating and the fridge was rusty around the door, in saying that though, the appartment was very clean. Great location on the northern side of the harbour bridge.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
RydgesNS, General Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I understand your comments perfectly our suites are very spacious but clearly not new.
We are currently repainting, replacing lamps, cushions and artwork; I’d also note that photos on tripadvisor posted by guest reviewers are accurate and the minimum you will get.
Thanks for the kind remarks regarding cleanliness, email me if you’re coming back and I’ll ensure you get an upgraded Suite.
Gosford, Australia
Reviewed September 18, 2012

After a slight hiccup with our stay in this hotel back in July, we mentioned the problem on checkout!

We soon found out that North Sydney Rydges must have a slogan "If we get it wrong, then let us put it right"

After been given an apology previously and thanked for let them know of our issue. When we returned last week, we were upgraded and treated with a special package.

We have told all our family of friends how good there Customer Service is, enjoying your stay must be their motto.

I would recommend this hotel for city stays and will definitely return when we next visit Sydney!

Sometimes it pays to pass on your concerns.....

Room Tip: 12th floor - 2 bed suite excellent for a family
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rebraj
RydgesNS, General Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to “right a wrong” so thanks for the original feedback.

I was delighted to read we have turned things around and you had a lovely stay.

Thanks again I hope we see you back in North Sydney soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Sydney
InterContinental Sydney
InterContinental Sydney
#23 of 175 in Sydney
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,203 reviews

Been to Rydges North Sydney? Share your experiences!