“Very nice view from the hotel”

North Sydney Harbourview Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in North Sydney
bangalore
“Very nice view from the hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

The hotel is aptly named. Very nice view of the harbor bridge from the rooms. Opera house is also visible from some rooms on the south side of higher floors. It is just beside North Sydney station and close to many malls and happening places. Good comfort hotel with a great view.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the south east side.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

This hotel will give you a beautiful bathroom, and lovely bed etc, but if you are taking a budget room, you may find that not only is your room small, but if you are below about the sixth floor you'll hear the train. We stayed on the fourth floor last night and you could hear (and virtually feel) the trains, and the local traffic. Other than that nice that you can open a window, and a lovely bathroom etc. No little extras though such as plates to put your tea bags on.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank AlexofMelbourne
Neutral Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Just had my fourth visit there, I'm a repeat offender ;-)
It's my special place I love to go to for my birthday celebration every June.
The best value is to do a weekend package, where you get your room with a view, parking, brekkie and dinner if you're so inclined.
The view is perfect and the rooms are very comfortable and well appointed.
I have nothing negative to say about this place. Only that I wish I could afford to make it monthly instead of annually.
Luna Park nearby for the kiddies if you have any.
Look - you do hear the trains underneath, but that doesn't bother me at all as I live near a freeway anyway and am a bit immune to constant noises around me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

The packages get priority on the view apparently so we had a very tidy and refurbed room on level 10. A bottle of champagne was waiting for us in the fridge and we received vouchers for buy one get one drinks (basic range).

Before dinner we wandered down Kirribilli Ex Servo's, about 10 min walk, and enjoyed their view.

Dinner was quite good as was the included buffet breakfast.

Parking on site or they will valet your car off site if full (which saved me parking it).

Had a nice walk down by Lavender Bay before our (package) noon checkout.

All up a great break for us as Sydney siders, but would be a great place to introduce out of towners to the city, which is just a train ride away.

Room Tip: Insist on an upper level room because the rail line runs under the hotel and it rumbles when trains...
1 Thank DT2412
Bathurst, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

My Husband and I attended a 60th Birthday party at the motel. We had read the reviews and after taking in the feedback about noise from the trains I decided to request a room higher then the 7 floor. On arrival around 12pm our room was ready and we were on the 14 floor . Well the view was amazing. The noise from the trains could still be heard but was bearable. MY disappointment came when I went to have a shower. The water pressure .. well none. it trickled out. I was shattered. Im not sure if this was because we were on the 14 floor . I didn't complain because I didn't want to give up the view. Would I go back? Only if they guaranteed a room with a view and a decent shower pressure. Dianne

Room Tip: 1407 amazing view, but check with reception regarding water pressure
1 Thank Dianne J
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were on floor 12 and had an awesome view of the bridge. The opera house is hidden behind another building. We arrived at 10 in the morning and expected the room only to be ready by 2 pm but the extremely friendly and helpful staff member provided us with the room key! this was very nice. The hotel smells fresh and we were impressed with the room and the service. We also heard the noise from the trains but we are used to noise. Really spectacular views both day and night. We walked to the nearby mall but were unable to find any eatery open after 4 pm on a Saturday. The food court was also locked. you can walk to the bridge and opera house from the hotel. Careful when you search for directions on the internet for this hotel as there is also a pub on the other side of the bridge (not in north Sydney) with the same name and we ended up there.

Room Tip: Pay more for the rooms with a view - it is worth it.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband, my 10month old and I stayed here last weekend for 1 night. The room looked recently renovated and felt fresh and clean. We were on the 3rd floor and we still had a lovely view of the harbour. The staff were very helpful, friendly and very happy to help with setting up a cot, storing some homemade baby food and heating it up when needed. It was an enjoyable walk over the bridge to the CBD. Otherwise, it is very convieniently located to either North Sydney or Milson Point train stations. OVerall, we enjoyed our stay and thought it was very well priced for under $200.00 for the night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
McLaren Hotel
McLaren Hotel
#5 of 9 in North Sydney
Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection

Been to North Sydney Harbourview Hotel? Share your experiences!