North Sydney Harbourview Hotel
McLaren Hotel(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
$121
$112
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Rydges North Sydney(North Sydney)
$110
$106
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Urban St Leonards(St Leonards)(Great Value!)
$124
$87
  • Room Service
Harbourside Apartments(McMahons Point)(Great Value!)
$137
$123
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
The Greenwich Inn Motel(St Leonards)(Great Value!)
$104
$82
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Meriton Suites North Sydney(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
$87
  • Pool
Vibe Hotel North Sydney(North Sydney)
$102
$92
$164
1,241 results
All reviewstrain noiseluna parkharbour bridgegreat viewlight sleepertrains passinglavender bayrailway linehigher flooropera housebuffet breakfastroom servicemilsons pointfamily roomshort walkcar parkinga harbour view room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here on seveal occasions in the last few years and once again had a pleasant stay. The staff are friendly and the buffet breakfast always offers great choices. The rooms on the lower floors do suffer from a little bit of noise and vibration from the railway line underneath the hotel but is not a major problem. Only 100m walk to North Sydney railway station. Rooms are spacious and modern, but the beds are softer than I would like. I stay here as it is my employer's choice, but it is a choice I am happy with.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great place to stay but don't get a room on the lower floors as the trains will wake you up early in the morning. I would recommend that you request the rooms with the view of the harbour as some rooms only look out over North Sydney. Staff are friendly and professional and always willing to help. Meals are okay but probably not as high a standard as I have had at other Hotels in Sydney but still a great place to stay in North Sydney.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed at north sydney harbour view for our 2nd wedding aniversary, we could not speak highly enough, the staff were very welcoming and extremly helpfull and professional. The food was amazing. A very classy hotel! We will definatly stay again, we had an amazing view from the 12th floor, we highly recomend this hotel to everyone!

The only complaints we have a all very trivial, we are very happy with our weekend at north sydney harbour view hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 7, 2013

As a business traveller who likes everything to work well and without fuss, I always look forward to visiting North Sydney clients and staying at this hotel. Provided you know to ask for a harbour view and a floor above, say, the 8th, to avoid train noise, then you're in for a great stay. The view is phenomenal, the beds comfortable, the rooms spacious (with good office tables) and the breakfast buffet has plenty of wholesome options. Above all, the staff are always friendly and helpful, as well as energetic - it always delights me to see the spring in the step of the breakfast staff first thing in the morning. On top of that, I commute easily from the airport by train (one change at Central) and the North Sydney station is around 100 metres from the hotel. I know I'll be on time, because I don't have to contend with Sydney road congestion.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view room. Ask to be above the 8th floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2013

In total, I have stayed at the North Sydney Harbourview 6 times.

The last time I visited was with my partner and were staying here for the Mardi Gras celebration.
Not only did they jack the prices up sky high to profit off the occasion they also decided to discriminate against us because we were gay.

On all the other occasions we haven't had a problem. I'm not sure if the staff that were on were just a pack of homophobes or what but they need to get their heads out of their ar$es.

From the start when we checked in we already felt uncomfortable. The customer service was second class and the rudeness from staff was quite confronting. We were shoved aside like garbage while the staff picked and chose who they wanted to help. We were left waiting to be showed our room like a shag on a rock.

We were smokers and as the room didn't have a balcony we had to keep going all the way down stairs and out the front for a smoke, every time we did this we noticed the desk staff whispering amongst themselves. If we didn't already feel comfortable...we did now.

Room service was poor...bar was expensive...breakfast was plain.

To top our totally crap visit off, my credit card was debited a few hundred dollars for apparently smoking in the room, which we never did. If they actually looked at their CCTV and stopped gossiping they would've noticed that every time we wanted a smoke we were coming down stairs. It took a lot of phone calls and written correspondence to get the money back.

We will never come back due to the way we were treated, our stay was most unwelcoming and the fact that we paid good money to stay at this hotel while Mardi Gras was on and then to be made to feel second class citizens and being milked for all we had was shameful.

Room Tip: Don't go here if you're gay, bunch of homophobic snobs work here.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple