Anderledy Lodge
Rydges North Sydney(North Sydney)
$95
  • Restaurant
Vibe Hotel North Sydney(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
$101
$92
  • Pool
McLaren Hotel(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
$120
$114
  • Room Service
Harbourside Apartments(McMahons Point)(Great Value!)
$122
$118
  • Pool
Hotel Urban St Leonards(St Leonards)(Great Value!)
$104
$98
  • Room Service
Meriton Suites North Sydney(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
$134
$114
  • Pool
North Sydney Harbourview Hotel(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
$123
$107
Priceline
  • Room Service
The Greenwich Inn Motel(St Leonards)(Great Value!)
$102
$89
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Hotel St Leonards(St Leonards)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspancake machinesingle room with shared bathroomnorth sydney train stationdoors opening and closingwonderful retreatshort walkcontinental buffet breakfastceiling fanair conditionermini fridgeplace to staypubs and restaurantsrooms were very cleansmall roomexcellent breakfastacross the bridgelocation is excellent
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have stayed at Anderledy Lodge on twice, in July 2011 and July 2012. Both times I was with my daughter and we shared room which included a kitchenette. This was excellent for our purposes, with a microwave for heating up chilled meals purchased from near-by Greenwood Plaza at the end of the day. Our rooms were large, airy and clean, with everything you need. The beds are a bit on the firm side and the windows are situated quite high in the wall, which does not make for great views, but privacy is good. It is very quiet and peaceful. A substantial continental buffet breakfast was included in the rate and is served in the attractive dining room. There is also secure on-site parking, which has always been available when I have stayed. All in all it represents fantastic value for money in a very handy location.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Maicol P, Guest Relations Manager at Anderledy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Hi Jayne and thanks for this beautiful review.

We hare happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Anderledy Lodge and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I visited North Sydney for work, and spent two nights at Anderledy Lodge. I was astonished to find this quiet oasis hidden from the hustle and bustle of city life.
My room was clean, spacious and had everything I needed. The free wifi and flat screen tv were an added bonus. I slept soundly and enjoyed the continental breakfast which was included in the tariff. The staff were at all times polite, friendly and very helpful.
I felt thankful every time I returned to my room - walking through the gates of Mary Mackillop Place meant walking into serenity. I could leave behind the Sydney noise and traffic, and feel instantly calm and welcome.
My only complaint is that I am unlikely to need to stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Maicol P, Public Relations Manager at Anderledy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Hi AnnPen and thanks for your feedback.

This is a very beautiful review and we are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at Anderledy Lodge.
Thanks also for your comment about our friendly staff, we appreciate that.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Anderledy Lodge in the future.

Best regards.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have being staying at Anderledy Lodge for a few years now on a monthly basis and I did write an earlier review. Since my last review they have really made an effort to improve the rooms, with flat screen tv and updated bed linen. I have always hoped this place would stay a secret as it is getting harder to get a room as it's reputation grows!

The rooms range from single rooms with shared bathroom, or with an en-suite, double and twin rooms and apartments for the family with cooking facilities. The rooms are always spotlessly clean and Anderledy lodge provides a unique atmosphere within the complex containing the Mary McKillop Museum.

I guess that I have almost stayed in every room they have over the last few years, and I haven't found a bad one yet. I usually book a single with en-suite room when traveling by myself, sometimes a twin if traveling with my son and an apartment when traveling with my husband and son.

As I usually stay on business by myself, Anderledy Lodge provides a safe and serene haven in the middle of North Sydney, surrounded by beautiful gardens, but only a short walk to North Sydney train station and then a 10 minute trip to the city.

The continental breakfast included in the room rate, provides a great start to the day with fresh fruit, cereal, pancakes, toast, tea, coffee and a selection of juices. Anna who manages the dining room welcomes you with warmth and a smile, which really reflects the ambiance of Anderledy Lodge.

Jemima and Prinsa on the front desk have always assisted me with my bookings in a friendly and helpful way, trying their best to find me a room as the popularity of Anderledy Lodge increases. Their welcome always makes me feel like I am returning to my second home.

They have recently opened the dining room for dinner (when there is not a conference function booked) and the menu provides a nice selection of well-cooked meals (including a kid's menu) at reasonable prices. BYO wine for a small corkage.

I suspect I will increasingly struggle to get bookings at this wonderful place, if the positive reviews keep coming, but for visitors to Sydney this place really is too good to keep a secret.

Room Tip: For a great twin room ask for #10 - beautiful room on the ground floor with huge windows on three sides of the room looking out of the gardens.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
maicol P, Public Relations Manager at Anderledy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Hi, and thank you for this wonderful review.

We are delighted to hear that our property and its location were to your liking. We pride ourselves on our serene atmosphere and are delighted that you found it as such.

Thank you for your comments regarding our service as well. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Have a great day and best regards.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I slept peacefully, staying at Anderledy Lodge is like staying out in the country. It has a nice country feel yet you are very very close to the city. The gardens are a delight and are the breath of fresh air that you want when spending time in Sydney!
You are greeted by very friendly staff where nothing is too much trouble. Anderledy Lodge is so relaxing, no matter how stressful a day you may have encountered.
Breakfast is beautifully presented and delicious. The rooms are clean and tidy and just what you need.The train station is just around the corner but I used the undercover parking.
I recommend staying at Anderledy Lodge!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Maicol P, Public Relations Manager at Anderledy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Hi Susan and thanks for this beautiful review.
We are delighted that you liked your stay at Anderledy Lodge. Thank you also for your comments in regards to the service I will make sure this is passed onto our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Anderledy Lodge in the future.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

The location is very central and the quality and ambience of Anderledy is beautiful. Rates are extremely reasonable and an excellent breakfast choice is included. We booked two single rooms and one double. The rooms are basic, but clean, comfortable and quiet, and the shared bathrooms are well maintained and quite sufficient for our needs. We had on-site car parking, which is in short supplied due to the central location. Next time I travel to Sydney I intend to stay there again, and would recommend it to people who want quality, affordable and a quiet lodgings.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Maicol P, Guest Relations Manager at Anderledy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Hi molkron, this is a great feedback! Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Anderledy Lodge.
It is great to hear that you liked the quality of our rooms and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Warm regards for the team at Anderledy Loge.