“Great if you're on a diet”
Review of The Cadogan Ingham

The Cadogan Ingham
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Ingham
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: On the food side, the emphasis is on good quality, seasonal produce and, wherever possible, we source it locally. We are delighted to have been awarded an AA rosette for our food. Our breakfast menu includes Newmarket sausages, Suffolk bacon, our own hen’s eggs and smoked salmon from the smokery at our sister pub. We love Sunday lunch and offer a great roast – bring the family or meet up with friends and catch up on your week.
lichfield
“Great if you're on a diet”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Orderded the monkfish scampi from the lunch menu. I did feel that £6.50 for 4 pieces of scampi and a pea shoot was excessive. When I ordered the waitress did curtly ask if that was all I wanted, perhaps she should have explained that the portion was very small? It was listed on the menu with all the other mains so I don't think I mistakenly ordered a starter. Very disappointing and certainly wouldn't go back.

1 Thank Dilbert1
TheCadogan, Owner at The Cadogan Ingham, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
For clarity our Monkfish Scampi is a starter. Our lunch menu has two price columns as many dishes are available in a small or large portion size to give greater flexibility at lunchtime. The Scampi however is only available as starter and therefore only priced in this column. I'm sorry that this wasn't clear to you and can assure you that I will look again at the way we structure and present our menus to make sure that they are clear to our guests.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“A Very nice place to eat at the end of a busy day”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were visiting the area after a long long time, this was a holiday to visit my past, much has changed in 60 years and as my wife said the trees are 60 years older I think this Pub was in existence back in those days
This pub was recommended by the local farm in Culford. A warm welcome on entering the bar and taken to our table, the food was excellent and a good choice, it was so good we went back 4 out of ore 6 night stay. We tried the pre starter which we thought would be like the penny loafs but no you get 2 very good size loafs, we had the Chef wrap one up so we could have it later for supper. A must visit

• Visited June 2013
bury st edmunds
“birthday luncheon”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Took mum and neighbour to Cadogan Arms for a birthday lunch. It was very pleasant the duck tacos my 94 year old mum loved and our guest had a fab chicken salad, I had the Hake which was delicious, the hand cut chips yummy, but the mush peas were not mushy enough, that's picky but true. I had the cheese board which as so yummy, two great blue cheese and a runny Brie. Mum and guest had deserts and driveled on about how great they were.Its a family friendly venue, with a great outdoor area, well worth a visit, local produce in a friendly atmosphere, reasonably priced, lunch for three, wine and drinks just under 50 quid.

• Visited July 2013
Langley, BC
“Service needs to be addressed!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We actually had a very tasty meal at the Cadogan - when it finally arrived! After my husband went up to the bar to get some drinks and we were given menus, we literally waiting 30 minutes before a waitress took our order! It was only after going up to the bar to order another drink and requesting service that any was forthcoming. We also didn't dare order an appetizer or dessert as we could see how slow the service was. Unfortunately, this place is the only show in town so they've got you. . . if you don't like it, where are you going to go? Too bad because it could be so much better!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ladydocBC
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Another good lunch”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We go here about once a month when visiting my mother in Suffolk.
This time the experience was up to the usual high standard and we had a great meal.
The only downside was that they gave us the sweet menu, but never came back to take an order.
For sweet lovers that would have been a problem, for us not so much. I did give them the feedback as we settled the bill and they took it with good grace and were very apologetic.

• Visited May 2013