“A touch of class in every way...”
Review of The Cadogan Ingham

The Cadogan Ingham
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Ingham
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: On the food side, the emphasis is on good quality, seasonal produce and, wherever possible, we source it locally. We are delighted to have been awarded an AA rosette for our food. Our breakfast menu includes Newmarket sausages, Suffolk bacon, our own hen’s eggs and smoked salmon from the smokery at our sister pub. We love Sunday lunch and offer a great roast – bring the family or meet up with friends and catch up on your week.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Had a Sunday lunch here recently with friends and was most impressed by the quality of the fare and service...
A chalkboard full of choice greeted us as we sat down and I opted for the belly pork ...a wonderful meal followed with a generous helping of veg - including a portion of celeriac...the roasties were sublime, as was the Yorkshire pudding and the crackling, pork and belly was to die for. Had the intriguing pecan pie with curried crust and mint cream to follow...a very different kind of dessert! The range of cheeses were also of interest as I finished off three samples left over by one of my fellow diners... This is a very idiosyncratic eaterie that has developed its own style, right down to the use of the courier font, and it;s undoubtedly worth a visit...we shall certainly return!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Friends wanted to revisit after having sampled the lunch menu so we booked online through Top Table , which made it a very easy way of making a reservation.
When shown to our table it was a bit difficult to get in and out for the 2 of us who sat with our back to the wall ,as there was not much room to manoeuvre.
The staff were friendly and informed us that they were busy and that there maybe a wait for our food.We opted for some nibbles to tide us over of whitebait and crackling with apple sauce, which were all very tasty.
They had specials as well as the menu , and for my husband who likes the opportunity to try anything new thought the starter of pigs tongues was very good. The goats cheese souffle was delicious and I could have easily have eaten this for my main as well.the duck and pomegranate salad and the shepherds pie fritters both had the thumbs up as well.
The mains were very good , although the complaint from the men in our party was that their steaks could have done with a small salad garnish rather than having to order one as an extra dish.One word of warning if you don't like garlic then avoid the pork burger as it was extremely strong in mine, (we couldn't work out if it was on the bun or actually in the burger itself) so much so my husband had to finish .
According to the other guests in our party the wine was good and not too badly priced.. I was just happy that they had Fentemans ginger beer for me .

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We found this pub by accident on the way from Ickworth and what a find. We popped in hoping we could get a table, not very hopeful because it was Sunday, but we struck lucky! We had a super lunch, reasonably priced and excellent quality.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Sunday Lunch at The Cadogan Arms in Ingham yesterday was a great experience. I remember the pub before it was renovated a few years ago so was keen to see what had been done to it. The result is a nice gastro pub, that although busy, didn't feel crowded. The menu looked good and the food was excellent and plentiful. Service was good. Just a couple of spoilers for me - the beer I had wasn't good at all, which is surprising as this small chain owns a micro brewery, Maybe I should have complained at the time, but I struggled on with a bad pint. Secondly, the sweet menu didn't look that inviting. Starter and Main course options are on the blackboard, that gives the impression that items are change frequently, in line with the availability of produce, whereas the sweet menu is printed - and it doesn't look to change that often.Cost was £50 for 2 people for 2 courses, including 2 rounds of drinks, which isn't too bad for the quality of food we had. Its not too far from us, so we'll go again.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a Saturday lunchtime meal here, the beers are brewed by their brewery and there is a very good selection of wines. I chose off the special boards starting with spare ribs ( a large portion of very tender and well cooked ribs) followed by stuffed rabbit in a red wine sauce. My only complaint was the lack of sauce but otherwise a very tasty and slightly unusual thing to have on the menu. My wife ordered a vegetarian burger but due to a mix up in the kitchen they produced a beefburger, the apology was profuse and they made up for this by letting us have a dessert free of charge. I ordered an espresso to finish with and it was very bitter and unpleasant, I would not recommend it. Overall the food was excellent and the service very pleasant and efficient, certainly one of the better foodie pubs in the area.