“Ideal English country pub to take visitors from abroad.”
Review of The Raddle Inn

The Raddle Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Tean
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We visited the Raddle Inn while on a trip to Alton Towers (about 10 mins drive away).
The pub is lovely & welcoming with lots of different rooms & levels, wood burning stove in the main pub, a good games room (children allowed), dining areas, conservatory and a large undercover outdoor area with heaters & a pool table.
Food was typical pub grub but well cooked (fantastic proper chips!), good sized portions & reasonable prices - £56 for mains for four of us with a couple of drinks each.
The pub offers B&B, and has a number of log cabins, plus camping. We stayed in a 2 bedded, 6 berth cabin and when we checked in we were upgraded to one with a hot tub!
We would visit The Raddle inn again and the only reason I've given it 4 stars instead of 5 is because they don't allow dogs inside any parts of the pub so we would struggle if we were on a family camping trip (we didn't have the dog with us this weekend but generally do). We find that most pubs near campsites allow dogs in even when food is being served (which is the reason we were given when we asked about it at The Raddle Inn). I know dogs in pubs aren't everyone's cup of tea though so expect some will be pleased about it!
Other than that though, it's a lovely place & well worth a visit - the surrounding countryside is wonderful.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

been going the raddle for many years now. absolutely love the place, the raddle is an old fashioned type of pub that serves quality food, love the roast dinners.
the bar staff are so friendly, and the place is spotlessly clean.
if you are in the area please take a look inside, you wont be disappointed.
prices are very reasonable also.

1  Thank todder
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Stunning views, lovely ambiance, good service , excellent value and delicious food. We love it .

Reviewed September 20, 2011

I visited during August 2011 and can only say this is one of the most appalling pubs I have visited. The food was terrible and grossly overpriced, the beer was off and similarly grossly over priced, the staff were the rudest I have ever come across and the atmosphere of the whole place was that of deep suspicion and mistrust and extremely tense akin only to being the new guy in a prison drama. I initially chose to sit in the garden but the smell of stale beer and effluent running from the pubs kitchen down the busy road soon saw me sit in their "dining" area which is little more than a fusty, threadbare 80's conservatory. After the food arrived I discovered two flies in my meal of lasagne soup, the fact the chips were little more than oily hollow potato shells was enough to complain about without the wildlife present on the plate on trying to complain the manager, "Pete" was unprepared to take any action and was standoffish, threatening and argumentative, I left dejected and refuse to set foot in the place again. At over £3 for a pint of imitation cola, nearly £4 for the cheapest stale larger and a level of cleanliness even swamp dwellers are not accustomed to I'd suggest going else where. Do not give this man the pleasure of your custom, I can recommend the Uttoxeter wetherspoons who far surpass this place in every single way you can think to define. In summary, bad food poorly cooked, bad drink over priced and an icy welcome with surly service.
I really do not know how this place was busy, avoid.

9  Thank Colin H