Crown Wetheral Hotel
$48
$74
$170
1,121 results
All reviewsconservatory restaurantleisure centreleisure clubpretty villagesteam roomlovely villagemain restaurantwedding partywedding receptionthe pubexecutive roomevening mealreturn visitrailway stationcar parksalmona lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed her for 2 nights whilst visiting with various family members in the area and wish we had stayed longer! Lovely hotel with very friendly staff. We stayed in a standard double, which overlooked the lane and the fields beyond, what a great view to wake up to. Room was cosy, comforable and clean, with a good sized bathroom, bed was just fine and we both slept well. The breakfasts were great and in the conservatory overlooking the garden. Ate a couple of times in the Walton pub within the hotel and it was very good.The village itself is lovely, with stunning homes around the village green and some good walks all around. We walked across the viaduct crossing the River Eden, to Great Corby and the views were breathtaking. Very much hope to return, this time for longer as we still have so much to see and we will definitely stay at the Crown again.

Room Tip: Ask for the old part of the hotel on the second floor. Standard double was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the hotel, and that you especially enjoyed the accommodation, breakfast and meal in Walton's bar.

On behalf of myself and my team, I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Spa Break at the Crown Hotel Wetheral, Near Carlisle was a great experience. Good food, great massage and then swim, sauna etc. Comfortable rooms with attention to the little details which make your stay even better and fantastic staff. Wetheral itself has plenty of history to offer as well and everybody in the village very friendly. Will definitely be back for another break.

Room Tip: The suite we had was lovely and although the railway ran close by it was really quite and we had a really good sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent spa break with us, its great to see that you especially enjoyed your suite, food and spa facilities.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed just one night and were very lucky to be upgraded to one of the 2 suites. The room was really lovely and the bathroom was very good with everything one could want. There was a complimentary mini bar with water and chocolate and fresh milk was available too. Breakfast was very good with locally sourced produce.
I would advise avoiding Saturdays as this beautiful georgian building is unsurprisingly popular for weddings.
I can't praise the staff highly enough, they were very kind and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay in our suite, and you especially enjoyed the facilities and services that we offer.

Most weekends we do host functions in the hotel, but please don't be alarmed, we do endeavour to allocate our guests who are not attending functions, rooms away from any function noise.

On behalf of myself and my team, it was our pleasure to look after you and your guests and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Couldn't find just this bar as a separate entity on trip advisor.

We were staying locally in another hotel and needed a restaurant that allowed dogs. A Google search came up with Walton's bar at the Crown Hotel in Wetheral. As it was a a Friday night we chose to go early (7:00pm) as I assumed it might be busy. And that was a wise choice. Bar one table by the door into the reception area of the hotel, every other table was already reserved. Had we been 2 minutes later we would have left disappointed. We chose mini boar sausages and the pate for starters and the burgers with different toppings each as our main course. The food was delicious. The staff very attentive and pleasant. Prices very reasonable. This bar has a really good buzz about it and we really enjoyed our visit. Our dog was not the only one in the bar so clearly a favourite with locals and those staying in the hotel, which is pet friendly. Will definitely be back. Please try it but make reservations!

Room Tip: we didn't stay over- just visited the bar.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sooz18

Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to read that you and your dog thoroughly enjoyed your meal in Walton's Bar .

I look forward to welcoming you all back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Decided on this as an ideal location for a short break on a trip from Scotland to the West Country. What a lucky choice. We had booked B&B through the Carlisle Tourist site, and the hotel rang within 30mins to confirm the booking, check on any "needs", and ask if we would like to book a table for dinner the first night. On arrival we were immediately impressed by the friendly, helpful service at reception, and then by the quality and comfort of our room. Dinner in the Conservatory Restaurant was very good, and very reasonably priced, with a good selection of wines, and attentive staff. Breakfast could not be faulted either. Throughout our stay we were very impressed with the conduct and efficiency of all the staff. Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your highly praised review. Its always a pleasure to read when a guest enjoys their stay with us, and on this occasion you have seemed to enjoy everything we offer.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.