“Fab stay yet again”

Crown Wetheral Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wetheral
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from another great stay at the Crown Hotel. On our first night it was extremely busy with a coach party, however the staff were 'on the ball' and very attentive as usual and we were seated in the restaurant immediately. The Conservatory Restaurant has views over the lovely gardens and the food served is outstanding (one of the main reasons we keep returning). The leisure facilities are great with a jacuzzi, saunas and steam room as well as swimming pool, squash courts and gyms. The pool is sometimes busy as it's used by local people as well as hotel residents but there's always room in the jacuzzi and steam room. The staff are always friendly and welcoming (another reason we keep returning). We enjoy staying here for special occasions and are already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for your review, it was lovely to see you return back to the Crown Hotel again so soon. I am happy to read that you thought the food was outstanding and that our leisure club is great.

On behalf of myself and my team, I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Always enjoy our stay at this hotel. Dinner and accomodation a bargain. Rather a dried up breakfast on my last visit, the only criticism I can think of to make really. But we both still enjoyed our stay, and the friendly service. An easy drive from Edinburgh, and you have the whole of the lake district to choose from for day trips.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review, I am happy to read that you did enjoy your recent stay with us. I do apologise that your breakfast was not to the standard we always serve, and I do hope on this occasion we were able to rectify the problem for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crown Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I am sat in the bar after a swim posting this review. our 2nd night of three all I can say everything is first class. lovely restaurant, pool, staff. rooms and location even a train station in the back garden. I would highly recommend the crown weatheral.

Room Tip: leave the car use the train
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your highly praised review. I am delighted to read that you have written this review half way through your current stay. Its wonderful to read that you feel that everything is first class. I have passed your comments onto my entire team.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We decided (2 adults, 1 x 6 year old boy and 2 dogs) to go for a for a Saturday night and managed to get a late good value bed & breakfast deal. We selected the hotel as it is dog friendly, has a large swimming pool and there is a pleasant place (Talkin Tarn) to walk our dogs around the lake. Our room had a double and single bed and the staff had provided dog beds & bowls which amused our son. In the village of Wetheral there is a great restaurant called Fantails and this had been recommended, so we booked a table and had a fantastic meal. After dinner we returned to the hotel and our son played in the garden whilst we enjoyed a glass of wine in very pleasant surroundings. The next morning we enjoyed a good breakfast and used the swimming pool. It was a wonderful mini break and just the right distance from Newcastle (1 hour by car). For those that do not drive there is a train station in the village too!! We definitely intend to go back to repeat the break.

Room Tip: Phone the hotel to ask the receptionist which is the best room for your party.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Douglas C
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and your son and dogs enjoyed their break away and the facilities that we offer.

On behalf of myself and my team, it was our pleasure to look after you and your family and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

warm welcome, fantastic suite and accommodation, genuinely nice & helpful staff. I couldn't fault our stay and meal. Gluten free diets well catered for, and all facilities close at hand. Hope to visit again soon

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Good Afternoon Mandy

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you especially enjoyed your suite.

I have passed your kind words onto my team, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crown Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

we arrived at the hotel on Saturday 31 Aug at about 4pm, the welcome at reception was warm and welcoming, the room was nice clean and tidy. We used the spar which again was good. I booked a table in the conservatory for dinner, that was lovely the meal was excellent and really helpful staff. Very restful sleep with no noise. (but there were no weddings on when we stayed). Breakfast in the morning well i had to send our first cooked breakfast back as it was cold, but staff attended to that issue very swiftly and returned with a hotter breakfast. Overall the hotel was very good and we will certainly look at going back sometime.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for your review, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the hotel .

I do apologise that on the first occasion your breakfast was not hot, I am happy to see that this was rectified quickly.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crown Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

this is one of the hidden delights on my area, I am an area sales manager looking after the north of England from Stoke on Trent north, north Wales, Scotland and both north and southern Ireland.
The Crown hotel Wetheral is one of the best hotels I stay in on a regular basis. The food and service are second to none especially the conservatory restaurant, the have an excellent chef with the serving staff to match. The hotel is very comfortable and well positioned for both the business and private traveller. They also have a lovely relaxing spa area with pool. I would recommend to anyone

Room Tip: ask for a quiet non smoking upper room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your highly praised review. I am happy to read that you have labelled our hotel as the best hotel that you stay in on a regular basis.

On behalf of myself and my team thank you for your continued loyalty and business. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crown Hotel in the near future.

Paul Hicks

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetheral
Crown & Mitre Hotel
#8 of 20 in Carlisle
Dalston Hall Hotel
Dalston Hall Hotel
#13 of 20 in Carlisle

Been to Crown Wetheral Hotel? Share your experiences!