The service was really great....the maid service was excellent.
The 2 bedroom cottage is fully screened so is mosquito proof. I think that most of the cottages are screened. The bedrooms are air-conditioned with adequate cupboard space. The beds were comfortable.
The kitchen was very well equipped and when we wanted something extra, it was not a problem. In fact, we had a dinner party one night as we know several people on the island and we were provided with extra cooking pots, chairs, an extra dining table etc at no extra charge.....they could not have been more helpful to us.
The bathroom was small but adequate and clean.
The living and siting area were comfortable, very roomy and attractively decorated. A nice touch was the plastic container at the front door to wash off one's feet rather than track sand inside.
There is a lovely hammock for each cottage and a picnic style table also for each cottage. The is a shared bar-be-que on the spectacular grounds. There is also an outside shower on the grounds for rinsing off the salt and sand.
The location is not remote yet gives the impression of being remote. There are restaurants within walking distance and a night club.
The beach is lovely but the sea is a bit hit and miss. Can be crystal clear at times and at other can be a bit sedimenty. However, I just swam out beyond that area and it was lovely. The scenery is stunning.
The games room is a great place to meet other visitors and it is well equipped....a really nice touch.
This would be a great place for a group of people to all stay in one place - family reunion, wedding, etc. Great for children as the grounds are large.
Would always recommend hiring a car to see the island. There are many lovely waterfalls, beaches, restaurants etc. Garfields bar on Grand Anse beach is a must especially for people who like to party.
Would I return - no - only because we now own our own holiday house on the island! Yes, we loved it that much! Otherwise, a definite yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully equipped Cottages and Apartments directly on a peaceful tree-shaded beach. Maid and light laundry service included so you can relax! Free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lance Aux Epines Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lance Aux Epines Cottages Hotel St. George`s
- Lance Aux Epines Hotel
- Lance Aux Epines Resort
- Lance Aux Epines Cottages Grenada/Saint George Parish