Mandela Court(Lance aux Epines)
$199
Hotwire.com
$141
$80
Orbitz.com
Siesta Hotel(Grand Anse)(Great Value!)
$74
$95
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
$140
$461
$302
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $339/night.

$1,145
Coyaba Beach Resort(Grand Anse)
$158
All reviewslae cottagessand barhummingbird cottageprickly bay marinaswallow cottageliving areahome away from homefull kitchenfront officegrand anseself cateringrum punchefficient air conditioningbedroom apartmentlocal disheshired a carhousekeeper
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by friend's who stayed here last year and it delivers on all counts! The location is perfect.....a small collection of cottages and apartments thoughtfully arranged in lovely gardens which border onto a very quiet beach. There's all you need outdoors for relaxing in the gorgeous Caribbean climate. Comfortable loungers (with cushions) are provided as are picnic-style tables, benches and parasols. Numerous trees provide shade and one can even sling a hammock on one of the stands dotted around the garden!
My friend and I have been staying in Ramier apartment....sadly now almost at the end of our 2 weeks in paradise. I have stayed in all manner of self-catering accommodation over the years but what we found here ranks among the best. Our apartment is incredibly spacious, comfortable and very well equipped. Full marks for excellent Wi-Fi at no extra charge! My only very minor observation to make life easier in the kitchen would be the addition of a dishwasher....but that's a very very small criticism indeed. The bedrooms have air conditioners and ceiling fans assist in keeping cool when necessary. Towels and linen are changed as often as you wish.....an army of housekeepers arrive each morning to see to this and other domestic tasks for your comfort. Ours, a lady called Ann, is charming and she has looked after us so well.
All members of staff have been welcoming, friendly and helpful. Thaneia in particular, at front desk, has been wonderful, sorting out everything for us from car hire and restaurant bookings to the arranging of a river-tubing expedition. She clearly has a lot more patience than me!!
This has been only my second trip to the Caribbean, my first being an average experience in Barbados last year. However, Grenada is a lovely
island.....great people, great beaches and lots to see & do. I'd definitely come again and I'd definitely stay at Lance aux Epines Cottages on a future visit.

• Stayed: January 2013
5  Thank Guy0862
Reviewed November 24, 2012

this was my second one week stay at Launce Aux Epines Cottages, A colleague and I from Sydney Australia were working in St Georges for a week, no vacation by any stretch. We took the Kite two bedroom cottage AGAIN. Given the stress of working in Grenada, staying at the cottage almost makes it a pleasure. The laundry service, the helpful staff and David the wonderful taxi driver made everything ok when we were fit to burst of frustration and heat exhaustion. Yes the living room was hot, but it was balmy and lovely outside and the fabulous silky water just right temperature just steps away. Air con to sleep with is what is really important and that they have! The pizza at nearby Prickly Bay Marina is to die for and Darren's Quiz night is great fun!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
laecottages, General Manager at Lance Aux Epines Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! We’re glad to hear that despite having to work, your time here was made more enjoyable by the conveniences afforded you by staying at LAE Cottages. A swim after work and pizza at the nearby Prickly Bay Marina is a combo that can’t be beat!
Working in Grenada often involves an adjustment phase, especially if you are used to a different mode of operation back home. Having a relaxing environment to return to, after a taxing day, is crucial for stress management. We are glad that our staff were able to contribute to the enjoyment of your stay, and make your work week bearable.
Thank you for your repeat business.
The Management

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I just returned from an 8-day stay at the Lance aux Epines Cottages while we visited our daughter. This was my 5th visit to Grenada and the 3rd visit for my wife. It was our first stay at the LAE Cottages.

Overall our stay was positive - the staff was very cordial and helpful, the 1- bedroom apartment (Kestral) that we rented was spotless and the grounds are very well kept. We had a small problem when we arrived at 8pm. The office closes at 4pm and the reservation desk forget to leave our key with the security guard. The guard made a quick phone call and one of the reservation staff arrived within 5 minutes to give us the key. It was a small problem but was quickly solved and we received a very sincere apology for the mixup.

The apartment we rented was well appointed and extremely clean. It had plenty of tables and chairs as well as a well-equipped and spotless kitchen that had a full-size refrigerator and stove. The bathroom was huge and also immaculate. Plenty of towels including large blue beach towels were provided.

The biggest disappointment was how hot it was in the apartment. There are only screens in the living room and kitchen area and this entire large area was serviced only by a single ceiling fan which did little more than circulate the hot air. The bedroom had windows and was air-conditioned. The cottages are right on the water but unfortunately there was not one single night during our stay when a sea breeze came up to cool off the apartment. Most of our evenings after dinner were spent reading in the cool bedroom as it was uncomfortably too hot to sit elsewhere. In their defense, in my 5 visits to Grenada, this trip seemed much hotter than usual, a fact echoed by many of the local I know and spoke to.

While we didn't miss it as much as we initially thought, it would have been nice if the apartment had a TV (in the cool bedroom). There is free wireless networking throughout the property but I had to wait until the morning after our arrival to get the password from the office so I could log on. It would be helpful if the password was provided in the room or provided with the welcome letter I was given. A small problem but one that can easily be remedied.

The Cottages are right on Lance Aux Epines beach, which is a decent beach but not nearly as good for swimming, walking or people watching as Grand Anse beach which is less than a 10 minute car ride. Since we rented a car, most of our beach days were at Grand Anse.

Lance Aux Epines is one of, if not the nicest area around St Georges. Staying in Lance Aux Epines, including at LAE Cottages, though almost requires a car to get around to the supermarket, other businesses, restaurants, beaches and other points of interest. Depending on the local bus system, which are large vans, would be a tough way to get around for more than a day or two. There are some restaurants within walking distance of LAE Cottages, but there are lots of other and better choices that you need to drive or take a taxi to.

All in all, our stay at LAE Cottages was a enjoyable but could have been a LOT more enjoyable if the apartment wasn't so hot all the time. This may have been just an issue caused by abnormally warm weather while we were there compared to all previous visits. All other properties that I have stayed at on Grenada have been fully air-conditioned which, in my opinion, is essential when vacationing in that part of the world.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Steve A
laecottages, Owner at Lance Aux Epines Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Steve,

Thank you for leaving a review for Lance Aux Epines Cottages. Feedback like yours not only helps potential guests make an informed decision but also allows us an opportunity to see where improvements need to be made.

I regret that you had a delay in being checked-in to your apartment. Myself and the receptionist are personally responsible to ensure that the night watchmen is aware of any evening arrivals and that he has the keys. Although I'm glad that you didn't have to wait too long, I am really sorry for this slip-up; at the end of a long day the last thing any traveller needs is additional waiting.

Although the temperature in Grenada doesn't change much throughout the year, September and the months near to this are normally the most uncomfortable due to high humidity and inconsistent or non-existent winds. Our cottages and apartments are an open plan designed to take advantage of the trade-winds and unfortunately this also makes it impractical to air-condition except in the bedroom. Although we can provide additional fans on request, this time of year some will find the heat uncomfortable.

I appreciate your suggestion for TV's in the bedroom. We do have an air-conditioned TV/Game Room but not everyone finds it acceptable to arm-wrestle fellow guests over which channel to watch! :-) On a serious note, although many of our guests say that they don't need TV there are also some who do. The open plan of our units means that the noise from the TV could be a nuisance to your neighbours and we would have to increase our rates to cover the cost of the TV/monthly cable bills. It is something that I will continue to give some thought to; maybe one day.. One option that some of our guests use is their laptop or iPad to watch movies, etc (the WiFi is free of charge).

Thanks again for your valuable suggestions and feedback.

Best regards,
-Tim
Timothy Brathwaite, Manager/Owner
Lance Aux Epines Cottages

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I really loved this place. It felt like you were home, without the responsibilities of home. Everyone felt like a neighbor or friend. The small stAff is extremely unobtrusive, yet there when you really need them. I WILL stay there again whenever my next trip to Grenada occurs. I highly recommend this place. Thania, Anne, Tim.... Thanks for a great experience

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We spent a week in Swallow Cottage.The accommodation was spacious and delightful to be in:it allowed us the flexibility to both explore Grenada and also to relax in the beautiful surroundings.As the cottage was a few yards from the sea we could have a swim any time we wanted. The team managing the cottages were at all times helpful from office staff to gracious cleaner Josepha....nothing was too much trouble. The icing on the cake for me was the full body massage they arranged for me in the cottage Thank you Surana.A great end to a wonderful weeks holiday

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends