Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel
Lance Aux Epines Cottages(Lance aux Epines)(Great Value!)
$183
$225
$146
Hotels.com
$78
Hotels.com
Siesta Hotel(Grand Anse)(Great Value!)
$73
$591
$291
Orbitz.com
$916
Mount Hartman Bay Estate(Lance aux Epines)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsrhodes restaurantpool suitebeach bargarbutt familyeach morningtapashalf boardbreakfast is serveddaily specialsbash restauranteach eveningwonderful hotelsuperior suitemain restaurantwithout exceptionmoment you arriveprickly bay
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We've been fortunate to vacation in the Caribbean many times (dozens) but never Grenada. Wow, we were missing a slice a paradise for all those years. We had a wonderful time, the room was huge with a gorgeous view straight onto the beach - fabulous. All the staff were extremely helpful and I met a lot of guests who were repeat customers coming back year after year. The food was delicious and the ambiance in the restaurant was just the best, all in all an excellent hotel and fab beach and I would not hesitate to recommend this Hotel to anybody whether couples, individuals or families.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dennis y
Reviewed November 25, 2012

On our second visit to the Calabash Hotel, we felt like we were returning to visit family. Our upgraded room was wonderful and even nearer to the SCUBA TECH dive center and the fabulous beach restaurant. Every meal, from breakfast on our terrace, tapas by the beach to incredible dinners at the beautiful Rhodes restaurant, was a memorable event. The hotel has added a new Hobie Cat that was delight to sail when we weren't SCUBA diving or enjoying the beach. Weather and ambiance were perfect.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the upstairs superior whirlpool suite which was larger than our previous west wing suite. With beach, bay and a lovely pool, we never used the whirlpool.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Our thanks to Clive and his team for welcoming us to their superb hotel following the closure of Le Source where we were originally booked. In retrospect we should have booked the Calabash as a first preference - it suited our needs exactly. Don't go here if you want organised activities and entertainment throughout the day but do if you want a relaxed time and to be pampered by excellent inobtrusive first class service.
The resturants are all good (the Rhodes is excellent) and the cocktails are well constructed! The beach is quiet and spacious and lunch at the beach bar is very good. There are only 32 rooms in the hotel and as far as we could tell all are first class and comfortable. The advantage of this is that you can be as sociable or as unsociable as you wish without feeling pressured either way; the friendliness of the staff rubbed off on the guests and we met some lovely people to spend the week with.
Scubatec are the on-site diving shop and their kit and experience is good and although they were having problems with boat engines while we were there this did not detract from the diving. The people of Grenada are universally friendly and there is always a smile with the service. Overall a great experience.

Room Tip: We had 26 Easter Lily which was spacious and comfortable
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Dear Clive and team at the Calabash, thank you so much for your warm welcome and for looking after us so well for a week.
You upgraded us two room categories at check-in - fantastic! Who wouldn't love Easter Lily, room 26, light and airy, with its spacious separate living room, little kitchen area, walk in wardrobe, huuuuge bed and bathroom with monsoon shower and whirlpool bath.
We didn't spend much of the day in our room though. We loved your swimming pool in its secluded courtyard. One busy morning there were 6 of us there...
Half board was the right choice for us. We loved the food and the ambience at Rhodes restaurant so much we would not have wanted to eat anywhere else at night. We thought it terrific value with the full a la carte menu available to half board guests, coffee (even liqueur coffees) included and really decent house wines inexpensive by the glass.
Nor did we eat anywhere other than Mark B's at the beach bar for lunch - food was just too good to miss.
Our only mistake was to book just one week. Would definitely stay longer another time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Going to a place I love, to a hotel I know with lots of activities to fill my time...what could go wrong for a person travelling alone?.... The hotel (Le Source) was closed down 10 days before my departure, to my horror. I booked the Calabash on the recommendation of British Airways. Upon arrival I was greeted by Annisha, one of the most personable receptionists I've ever met. She showed me to my room and made sure I felt comfortable. She even ensured I wasn't dining alone on my first evening but with Sally from the spa. My room was spacious, clean & close to the main facility with all the usual appliances & gadgets I've become used to getting (it was nice not being a singleton relegated to the outer edges of the resort). The food in the Gary Rhodes restaurant was lovely & the staff clearly take pride in their service. I had a couple of treatments with Sally at the spa...well what can I say - this lady has some moves. She was, without doubt, the single individual who totally turned around what could have been a lonely, boring holiday (compared to what I had expected) into one of the most comfortable & relaxed holidays I've had. I played tennis, swam in the sea & pool, used the gym and enjoyed my treatments. I made some great friends & I want to say thank you to Lilian & her staff for doing their absolute best to help me enjoy my time. If you're travelling alone & looking for some r&r then you will feel safe and looked after at the Calabash. No wild evenings but you don't need to go far from the resort for some dancing & fun....one last mention is to Mark at the beach restaurant - banana crumbles to die for, I enjoyed all his lunches without exception.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo