“A bit disappointing”
Review of The Goat Inn

The Goat Inn
Cuisines: Pub, Welsh
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Goat Inn is a traditional country restaurant, that prides itself in serving the best quality home cooked food alongside real ales and an extensive winelist. Sunday lunches served every week, function room available for special occasions or events, children welcome. We also have a beer garden for you to enjoy the sunshine.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We eat here on a Saturday night, booking in advance. I had been here many years ago and it always was very good, so was keen to try some 20 odd years on.

I would still say that the food was nice and quite reasonably priced, however, we were put in the annex bit to the right of the entrance, rather than in the main restaurant, and both found this totally lacking in atmosphere, which rather spoilt the experience.

The staff were OK but not overly welcoming.

I had the melon to start with which was actually quite a small portion (and I don't want lots of food) and thought was expensive for what it was although nice. I then had the breaded plaice which was nice. My other half had the chicken goujons to start. He enjoyed them but he has a good appetite, and there were only 4 pieces (one of which was really small), so not great value. He then had the chicken in cheese, ham and leek sauce which he said was lovely, followed by the cheesecake, which again he enjoyed.

So in summary nice but we wouldn't rush back.

There are newer reviews for The Goat Inn

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice evening, had a nice meal, reasonable prices. Service ok.
Just couldn't believe the choice of options. If there's that many choices of meat, seafood and veg dishes how can anything be fresh?
And I couldn't get this out of my mind! When I was tucking into my meal it didn't taste defrosted but that's all I was thinking.
Will probably try again but there's other places local

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have eaten there on several occasions now when staying in the area on business. Excellent food at reasonable prices. Not a pub gastro experience at all. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Neil C
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Thought we'd try here out due to the positive reviews, and are so glad we did. Very friendly waiting staff, good selection of dishes on menu and a warm atmosphere in the pub. As for the food, well it was superb and portion size was very generous. (Only improvements I'd suggest are that the waiting staff need to be a bit more attentive and that the use of home-made chips rather than frozen ones would enhance their menu).

1  Thank J S
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We noticed this was recommended in our holiday let visitor's book & realised it was just up the road. We had 2 excellent meals & were well looked after by the staff. Food was well cooked & with a very good portion size. Lovely chips & the lamb was so juicy & cooked to perfection. This is a good example of how family pubs with food should do it. Why can't the rest get the message? Nice atmosphere & good surroundings. Well done - Thanks

2  Thank Chris G