“Highly recommend!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Quispamsis
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Highly recommend!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I'm originally from Nauwigewauk, NB living in BC now so I stay at the Amsterdam Inn every time I go back to NB for a visit and I'm always very satisfied with the hotel and the service. It's a great location, about ten minutes from the airport as well as Saint John City (easy direct highway drive) and very easy to get to. I have personally always had a great experience with the front desk staff and they have always been professional and friendly with me, getting me my corporate rate no problem. My most recent trip was in August and I brought my wife. She was very happy with the Amsterdam Inn as well. Our room this last time was on the upper floor and it was clean and quiet. I didn't have the breakfast at the hotel this most recent time, but from what I can remember from previous visits it was always very good. The highlight for me for breakfast was always this little waffle maker machine where you could make your own waffles. I asked if they still had this and was informed that they did not (if management is reading this please consider getting this back!) small thing, but something I look forward to. Also an FYI for travelers, the Amsterdam Inn is located just a few minutes from one of the best restaurants around (Dolan Road Irving Route 1 Restaurant). It's 24 hours and they have excellent food. Also just a few minutes from a very large grocery store. Just wanted to take the time to write a review and praise my fav hotel in the Saint John area and tell fellow travelers to book this one with confidence. Will continue to stay here on all of my future trips back home. Mike M. BC Canada

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kim D, Director of Sales at Amsterdam Inn Quispamsis, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Good Morning!

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences in our Quispamsis location.

We have talked about reviewing our breakfast options so it is always nice to hear feedback from our clients. I will pass your thoughts along to the other managers for review at our next management meeting :)

We appreciate your continued support and hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Have a great day!

Kim Driscoll,
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Miramichi, New Brunswick
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is my 3rd stay at the Amsterdam Inn in Quispamsis, and per usual everything was great with the exception of the pool, which sent shivers up my spine once I entered it because it was not the temperature that I was accustomed to. The price is right, at a little over $100 Cdn, the free continental breakfast fills you up for the morning, and the staff are great as always. Had a problem with the wireless but it was fixed by the front desk clerk in no time.

Room Tip: Rooms further away from the front desk for best as you hear noises from people checking in and out a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Welcome Back!!

We are always happy to see our familiar faces at the Amsterdam Inn & Suites.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the pool. This is the first time we have heard this mentioned but we will keep our ears open to ensure the pool temperature is left at a comfortable level.

Thank you for your continued support! Have a great day! See you again soon!

Kim Driscoll,
Director of Sales & Marketing
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on our wedding night. Arrived around midnight only to be treated like a criminal. Most unpleasant and uncomfortable feeling I've ever had at a hotel. The front desk clerk was almost a blank slate and refused to smile.In the middle of a conversation with him he answered the phone without any regard. I explained to him that it was unprofessional to act this way and he rolled his eyes and proceeded with a monotone voice and dumbfounded stare. His name was Earl. The rooms were clean however the walls are paper thin so be prepared to hear your neighbors fighting all night.
So if you want an uncomfortable and awful experience this hotel is for you

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mark R
Kim D, Director of Sales at Amsterdam Inn Quispamsis, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
We respect the feedback provided by our clients. We would love the opportunity to connect with with you to better understand the events of that night so that we me strive to review areas where we could develop. We were unaware of the events that took place during your stay but would like to discuss them with you. When available please connect we with me (Kim Driscoll- Director of Sales & Marketing - Sussex location) toll free 1-800-468-2828 or locally 1-506-432-5050, ext 199. The location manager in Quispamsis Tina Waugh would also be available to connect with you at 1-506-849-8050.

Management
Saint Andrews, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I normally travel out on the early morning flights from the local airport and the Amsterdam Inn in Quispamsis is a great place to stay for this. It is located only about 10 - 15 minutes from the airport and the staff will very willingly make taxi reservations for you. The staff is always accomodating and even puts out an early continental breakfast for me when I have to leave so early. They are very friendly and since I am a frequent guest they call me by name and try to accomodate my needs. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: The overall hotel is very quite and is located just far enough off the highway to keep the noise dow...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Many of our clients appreciate the convenience of our property to the Saint John Airport (YSJ). We do our best to accommodate the needs of our traveling clients in any way possible like providing breakfast at an earlier time when we are aware of your early departure. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next trip to the Saint John area.

Safe travels!
Blacketts Lake, Nova Scotia
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We were told we had to sign a pre-authorization for a damage deposit for 250.00. This is a blanket authorization really for anything that might happen to the room, even when you have checked out. There was no mention of this on the web site or when I booked by telephone. If it wasn't late, we would have moved on to another motel.

Will not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jamesomac
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed two nights (Friday/Saturday) for a wedding nearby. The hotel is relatively new and the rooms are clean and tidy. The free complimentary breakfast buffet included bagels, toast, english muffins, boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, and fruit. I did not get to visit the gym or pool, so can't comment on those.

The only negative was that sound traveled through both walls and floor. We could hear air-conditioners in other rooms turn on, and heavy walkers above or in the corridor.

The hotel is located off a highway exit on the outskirts of a suburb of Saint John. You will not be walking anywhere from this hotel unless a walk along a bleak arterial is your idea of a fine Sunday stroll. There is a gas station with a Tim Horton's and a McDonald's located about two kilometres away at the nearest highway offramp.

This hotel knows what it is - a clean and cost-effective stopping point on a major provincial highway. It doesn't try to be anything else, and it doesn't need to, it's doing a great job as it is.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel faces the arterial road and the highway.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank RobertoNB
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stayed here for four nights for a family wedding. Had a room on the top floor back side of the hotel and was very nice. Good. Lean spot, quite new still. Great breakfast, simply but all you'll need and it's included. Pool is nice, outdoor sitting area off the dining area was nice too. Definitely stay here again, but get a room on the back of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ScottyMontana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quispamsis
Best Western Plus Saint John Hotel & Suites
Delta Hotels by Marriott Saint John
Travelodge Suites Saint John
Travelodge Suites Saint John
#5 of 19 in Saint John

Been to Amsterdam Inn Quispamsis? Share your experiences!