All reviews three days garden vegetables host charm port island sea
Selected filters
Reviewed June 28, 2017

Firoa Studios Review
Very efficient transfer. Dimitris was at the Port to collect his customers arriving on the early ferry.
The room became available surprisingly soon. Approx. 10 am.
The Firoa studios are placed back from the village beach about 200m. They surround a very pleasant garden growing flowers shrubs vegetables and vines. The room I was given contained everything I required. A bed, wardrobe, fridge, hob, dressing table, bathroom with shower, small amount of cutlery and crockery. A perfect balcony, with table and chairs, which remained in the shade for most of the day, everything was kept very clean.
Dimitris was very helpful throughout my stay providing information about buses, (Yes!! Buses!!), supermarkets, beaches and tavernas.
A really excellent stay. A peaceful, beautiful, laid back island. Back in time.
Donoussa is a small island and therefore has limited hiking trails. The nicest trail is to circumnavigate the island in one day. (There is a trail leaflet)

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2017

We arranged a room on very short notice by email which was accommodated. The studios are clean, well stocked and large by my experience in the Greek Islands. Dimitri was very helpful with useful information about Donoussa. We were picked up at the port a given transportation back when we left. The location is ideal. We will recommend Firoa to our friends and fellow travelers.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank LSHix
Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

We've booked a studio, actually 2 rooms, bathroom and a kitchen+a small terrasse where we had our breakfast under the bougainvilleas. Very clean, fully equipped and well decorated, and Dimitris takes care to give all information regarding the island. We have been proposed to take a shower just before leaving to take the boat at 6 pm. The view from the terrace is wonderful and the port is very close (2' walk). Very pleasant place to stay. But some guests are not aware of the noise they make at 2:00am when they go home... problem of education and respect we meet unfortunatly everywhere in Europe, that Dimitri cannot manage. Other point there are mostiquoes during the night, hopefully we were provided with device and tablets by Dimitri.
We'll come back for sure

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 104RobertB104
Reviewed June 13, 2016

Just had a 5 night stay at Firoa and really enjoyed ourselves. Dimitiri collectef us from the port in the early hours of the morning which although the studios are just a few minutes away it was nice at that time of the morning to be picked up. The studio itself was good, all you needed was there including a hob ( maybe a kettle would be easier than a saucepan) and a fridge. The cleaner done a brilliant job each day with clean towels daily and fresh bedding after just 2 days. But what makes this place so great is Dimitri, what a fantastic 'host'. Nothing is too much trouble and he's great for advice about the island and even told us about our next island, hes so good at hìs job. If we go back to Donoussa we wouldn't stay anywhere else...and by the way the wifi worked fine in the studio.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2015

This was my first visit to Donoussa. Firoa Studios was a wonderful choice. Dimitris, the young man who runs the day to day operation, was the most gracious host. Even though the ferry arrived an hour late at 02:00, Dimitris was at the port to greet the guests with a smile.

Firoa Studios is a very easy, five-minute walk from the port. It's on the edge of the main town of Stavros.

The room was spotless and very comfortable. The beds were firm, but I still slept very well each night. The only thing missing when I arrived was soap in the bathroom. That was easily corrected the next morning (actually later that same morning).

There is a mini market about three minutes away. Since there was no shower gel or shampoo, and I hadn't brought any with me, I picked some up at the mini market. I also discovered that the market had the most wonderful fruit for my breakfast in my room.

The Wi-Fi signal did not reach my room. However, I was able to get a good signal at a table in front of the next building. Since I was on holiday, having Wi-Fi in the room was not an important issue.

I would most definitely recommend Firoa Studios for the location, the quality of the room, and the nice appearance of the property. Having a wonderful host (Dimitris) made it even better.

Date of stay: September 2015