All reviews three days sea view the owner garden vegetables port charm island apartment stavros
Selected filters
Reviewed September 22, 2015

This was my first visit to Donoussa. Firoa Studios was a wonderful choice. Dimitris, the young man who runs the day to day operation, was the most gracious host. Even though the ferry arrived an hour late at 02:00, Dimitris was at the port to greet the guests with a smile.

Firoa Studios is a very easy, five-minute walk from the port. It's on the edge of the main town of Stavros.

The room was spotless and very comfortable. The beds were firm, but I still slept very well each night. The only thing missing when I arrived was soap in the bathroom. That was easily corrected the next morning (actually later that same morning).

There is a mini market about three minutes away. Since there was no shower gel or shampoo, and I hadn't brought any with me, I picked some up at the mini market. I also discovered that the market had the most wonderful fruit for my breakfast in my room.

The Wi-Fi signal did not reach my room. However, I was able to get a good signal at a table in front of the next building. Since I was on holiday, having Wi-Fi in the room was not an important issue.

I would most definitely recommend Firoa Studios for the location, the quality of the room, and the nice appearance of the property. Having a wonderful host (Dimitris) made it even better.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2015

We had a great time on this little island. The beaches and the food are amazing. And then there is Dimitris, the good soul who runs Firoa Studios and helped us to have a wonderful vacation on Donoussa. Firoa Studios are perfect. Quiet, super clean, tastefully designed, well located.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2015

Visited in early May 2015 and it was a wonderful surprise to discover (!) Donousa and the Firoa studios. Dimitri was a superb host...meeting us at ferry..and looking after us most kindly. .. we will not ever forget out visit to this tiny island in the Cyclades.. the locals were also very kind to us ..the taverna ( only one in May) served delicious dinners..the beaches we saw were superb sand...it was like a dream
Rooms are more simple island style..spacious..peaceful..

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2015

I stay here 2 days in June this year. I still had my base place at Naxos so I bring only a small backpackers and the bicycle with me. The smiley owners Dimitris meet me in the habour. A young girl walk with me up to the studio. Only 6 minutes for walking. The room was very clean with a small terrace in the front. Very quiet place with a very nice garden.
The island Donousa is not the right island for biking, up, up and down, down.

Room tip: Every room are in the front.
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2015 via mobile

Fantastic little studio, 3 minutes from the beach and centre of Stavros. Very well equipped, light and airy set in Dimitri's colourful garden, filled with flowers and herbs.Damitri is an amazing host, absolutely nothing is too much trouble. He even helped us find a great hotel in Athens !

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple