“Decent hotel”

Best Western Plus Crossroads Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Zion Crossroads
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I reserved 2 suites at this establishment. The first, the jacuzzi suite, was ok minus all of the black hairs all over the bathroom. That I could have dealt with as you could tell that they were probably from blown dry hair. What I have a problem with was the bed. The king size bed had a tremendous bow in it causing me a very sleepless night and rather tiring day on Tuesday. The second suite I obtained had a show that was riddled with access bars, one hindering the ability of the shower head to flow properly. I was very disappointed as the pictures and reviews seems very promising and I travel to this region quite frequently. I wish I had incentive to stay at this establishment.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWCIS47130, General Manager at Best Western Plus Crossroads Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Mrs. Davis,
I do apologize for the issues that your experienced during your stay. I will be speaking to my housekeeping staff in our team meeting tomorrow morning about the black hairs that were scattered in your restroom. As for your bed, our maintenance staff took it apart following your departure to find that there was an issue that needed to be welded. That has now been fixed. The other suite, unfortunately, was a handicap accessible room. The shower head has to be detachable. I've had the maintenance staff look at that was well, though I believe it may just be a case of the way the handicap shower was built. We have been running high occupancy, so it's likely was all other suites were occupied when you came in leaving us with only the handicap accessible suites to place people in.

We have sent you a $25.00 gift card that you can use at any Best Western branded hotel for the inconveniences you've experienced. We would love to have you again and to have the opportunity to fix what was wronged. We take value in our guests, their feed back, and we strive to lead the industry in superior customer care. Please contact me directly if you'd like to come stay with us again. I will personally inspect your room and make sure that you are able to enjoy every aspect of your stay. My direct line is 540-832-1700 ex: 510.

Thanks, Mrs. Davis.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Crossroads Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed at this property for three days and were very pleased with everything. The staff was great, rooms were very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great. The fitness center and pool were very well maintained..

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWCIS47130, General Manager at Best Western Plus Crossroads Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

I'm happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your three night stay with us. We strive to lead the industry in superior care and provide the best service for our guests. Please come and stay with us again the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Not what you would expect from a Best Western - the hotel is nice, well kept, the very helpful. Kind of remote, and they charge as much as most of the hotels in the area - seemed odd for a Best Western, but nothing in the area is a "value" hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWCIS47130, General Manager at Best Western Plus Crossroads Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed everything at our facility. I'm also very happy to hear that we are stepping up the presentation for what one may typically think of a "Best Western"!! We are unfortunately in high demand running full occupancy at least 6 days a week, which in turn has us running in comparison with the competition in Charlottesville. Please come stay with us again, we'd love to have you back!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel was wonderful. Huge pool and a nice spa. Front desk was very friendly. Breakfast was good. Our king room had a chair, sleep sofa, microwave, refrigerator. Bed was comfortable. I even slept a bit on the sleep sofa to watch movie with grandson. Not too uncomfortable and he slept fine. Nice big pillows on king bed. Plenty of towels (I requested extra). Just a great stay. We were on the first floor by meeting rooms, but all was quiet.

I would definitely stay here again. Convenient to locations we wanted to see.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
BWCIS47130, General Manager at Best Western Plus Crossroads Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

We're happy to hear that all was well with your most recent stay. We've recently added the King sized pillows in the suites and we're glad you were able to enjoy them. Please stay with us the next time you're in the area, we'd love to see you again!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have going to a BlueGrass Festival in Mineral, VA for about 16 years. There were 2 motels at Lake Anna, the closest ones. One was sold for condos & that left just 1. It was not the best but the only one as the ones in Loiusa were just terrible. We were unable to go last year. And when I called the new promoter for tickets this year. I said " I know this is a silly question but are there any new hotels in the area." He said "why yes there is. There is a new BW Zion Crossroads." I asked him how far & when he said 20-25 miles or minutes, I thought that was a no brainer. If we were going to go 25 min in one direction to a "fair" motel why no go 25 min/mi in another direction to a brand new motel. Boy & are we glad we did. It was wonderful & we really didn't mind the drive. In fact over the dinner break we even drove back just to be in the a/c & get refreshed for the evening shows. We will def be back next July.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I'm so happy to hear that you were able to find out about us and stay here during your trip to the Blue Grass Festival, a local favorite! Please come stay with us again next year for the festival - we would love to have you back!!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel is in a nice location and everything about the hotel is nice. It has a single bad point - only 1 elevator. The desk personnel are nice, friendly and knowledgeable, rooms are a nice size and have 2 chairs (my pet peeve is 2 people and 1 chair). Indoor pool and an entire area visitors center are included with a nice breakfast all morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator. You'll be glad you did.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad you found everything nice at our property! We do realize that at full occupancy the elevator is a hot item. The owner has thought about putting in a second elevator, though right now the layout doesn't exactly have a great place for a second one. We will keep this in mind and appreciate your patience in the meantime. Keep us in mind for your future trips to the area!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The overall room was good, but the shower was not cleaned very well-there was hair in it. The breakfast had a variety of items (sausage, scrambled eggs, french toast, raspberry yogurt, cereals, juices, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, bagels, English muffins, danishes, oatmeal, mixed fruit cups, and some fresh fruit). The only bad thing about the breakfast was the french toast was hard and they don't have waffles.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize for the dissatisfaction that you did experience. I have spoken to the staff to make sure we are paying extra attention to detail so that another guest, or yourself, won't experience likewise situations in the future. We are constantly working on improving and are open to suggestions. Please, stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Zion Crossroads
Comfort Inn Monticello
Comfort Inn Monticello
#17 of 35 in Charlottesville
Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesville
Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesvill...
#6 of 35 in Charlottesville
Sleep Inn & Suites Monticello
Sleep Inn & Suites Monticello
#22 of 35 in Charlottesville
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Charlottesville - UVA, VA
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson,...
#10 of 35 in Charlottesville
Comfort Inn & Suites Orange
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlo...
#1 of 35 in Charlottesville

Been to Best Western Plus Crossroads Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!